2008 Stanley Cup Championship

2008 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Foxy Oxley

I'm a Leaf fan (don't laugh)

Its the law for me to hate the Wings so I'm hoping the Pens climb back into this thing in the next 2 games.

indifan101

Well in the end not a major loss at all for Detroit. The Pens if you ask me were holding on at the end as the third period came to an end especially when Malkinin went for tripping. The ref tonight was horrible! The wings should have had more than just three penalties called in this game there were several other times in the game where wings players were being held, tripped, hooked, hit from behind and high sticked in the face! Perfect example is Lidstrom being high sticked by Malkinin or Roberts right in the face and he was bleeding! But a valiant comeback by the Wings and I know they can win on Saturday I have faith they can win in Pittsburgh because somebody loses at home eventaully. And Pittsburgh?s time is coming. No need to worry the Wings are still Stanley Cup bound! GO WINGS GO!

NOTE TO ALL PENGUINS FANS: COCKINESS IN A TEAM ALWAYS KILLS THOSE WHO RUN THEIR MOUTH! Namely Roberts, Talbot and Rutuu. And if I were a Pens player I wouldn't be running my mouth after NOT scoring in two games and winning by one.

roundshort

indifan101 said:
Well in the end not a major loss at all for Detroit. The Pens if you ask me were holding on at the end as the third period came to an end especially when Malkinin went for tripping. The ref tonight was horrible! The wings should have had more than just three penalties called in this game there were several other times in the game where wings players were being held, tripped, hooked, hit from behind and high sticked in the face! Perfect example is Lidstrom being high sticked by Malkinin or Roberts right in the face and he was bleeding! But a valiant comeback by the Wings and I know they can win on Saturday I have faith they can win in Pittsburgh because somebody loses at home eventaully. And Pittsburgh?s time is coming. No need to worry the Wings are still Stanley Cup bound! GO WINGS GO!

NOTE TO ALL PENGUINS FANS: COCKINESS IN A TEAM ALWAYS KILLS THOSE WHO RUN THEIR MOUTH! Namely Roberts, Talbot and Rutuu. And if I were a Pens player I wouldn't be running my mouth after NOT scoring in two games and winning by one.
WOWonly an ohio fan could write this

yes it was the ref who scored twice, not sid the kid sorry inyfan101, i like you so i wont flame, but yes the pens got one vs the mighty wings, they won not the flames i expect more form you. give it to them it might be the only game they get. show some class, we fo, bu t i know OHIO to show some class to what with awful browns cavs, and hrrible bengals, be the biger man, the pens won one, good for them a class front office and good players be a man and say good job! Ohio teams have little to class, learn form us1

Ska

There's a difference between cockiness/running your mouth and trying to get a team fired up. It's those exact three players you named (Ruutu, Talbot, and Roberts) whose job it is to get the crowd into the game...therefore getting the Penguins into the game.

Sometimes it takes a big hit or some trash talking to spark some electricity. And you can't say that last night's 3rd period wasn't full of electricity. I've watched 95% of all the Pens games over the past couple years, and that 3rd period was possibly the most electrifying 20 minutes I've seen.

Although I'd love to see the Pens come back, I'm just happy that the series is turning towards an entertaining one to watch for everyone...not just Detroit fans!

roundshort

good point ska. I guess we have to remeber how little Ohio fans to be thankful for. They have to look to another states team to cheer for. I guess when you are that bad for so LONG (see browns, Bengals, Indians, Cavs etc how about that Lebron.. ha what a loser) that it is easy to be a hater with a town that has been so awful for so long. Have they had a national championship? no, I guess not. So they should root for another towns teams, like detriot or anywhere else.

Well, go Pens it is now 2 to 1 which is much better than 3 to 0

Soory Indifan when an Ohio state football team does ANYTHING, I might listen.. I think the Browns made the playoffs once . . . only to be thrashed by Tommy Maddox in the 4th. Just rewatched the game, wow the browns really suck!

Root for the wings, if it gives you comfort, but you still live in . . .OHIO! ouch

indifan101

Typical wings haters, man nothing ever changes does it. I'm from Michigan ok I lived in Dearborn in 2002 and moved back to Ohio when my father's job was downsized back to their home in columbus so I moved back. Now I don't want to go off on anybody but I have been a Wings fan since birth. The first god damn shirt I owned had a Wings logo on it therefore I'm not a f*cking band wagon fan nor am I a Buckeye fan (that runs in my family) I'm a die hard indians fan, I'm a blue jackets fan cause they are my home town and I'm a Clippers fan. So if I get one more damn person that gives me crap about rooting for my other state's team, I say is go screw yourself and watch your team instead of *****ing to other fans who they should or shouldn't root for. God damn just watch the freakin game and see what happens. I know hockey I've played it for 10 years and was a ref for three. Knowbody knows whats going to happen in the finals. This aint like the Super Bowl it's the Stanley Cup and it takes 7 games to determine who's the best sometimes it can take less. I never said the Wings would sweep the Pens or the Pens were a bad team. They are good and in the finals there is always the better team. Detroit is the better team and Pittsburgh is a good team. That is a fact. Now There's no guaratee who has the cup but Pittsburgh fans and Detroit fans need to both shut up bout who's going to win and watch the series.

Last edited:

roundshort

indifan101 said:
Typical wings haters, man nothing ever changes does it. I'm from Michigan ok I lived in Dearborn in 2002 and moved back to Ohio when my father's job was downsized back to their home in columbus so I moved back. Now I don't want to go off on anybody but I have been a Wings fan since birth. The first god damn shirt I owned had a Wings logo on it therefore I'm not a f*cking band wagon fan nor am I a Buckeye fan (that runs in my family) I'm a die hard indians fan, I'm a blue jackets fan cause they are my home town and I'm a Clippers fan. So if I get one more damn person that gives me crap about rooting for my other state's team, I say is go screw yourself and watch your team instead of *****ing to other fans who they should or shouldn't root for. God damn just watch the freakin game and see what happens. I know hockey I've played it for 10 years and was a ref for three. Knowbody knows whats going to happen in the finals. This aint like the Super Bowl it's the Stanley Cup and it takes 7 games to determine who's the best sometimes it can take less. I never said the Wings would sweep the Pens or the Pens were a bad team. They are good and in the finals there is always the better team. Detroit is the better team and Pittsburgh is a good team. That is a fact. Now There's no guaratee who has the cup but Pittsburgh fans and Detroit fans need to both shut up bout who's going to win and watch the series.
sorry sucker but your are being abithc. read it, live it enjoy iy. The cavs ( sorry lebron is OUT what a lkoser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so ohio fans what do u have NOTHIGING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BROWNS SUCK the BROWNS suck so be a lame ass state jumper and to mich. that is SO LAME but it is all you have so enjoy it GO pens We in burg have much more. Be a hater, but grow up at least.

Last edited:

indifan101

Five of my favorite teams
1. Detroit Red Wings
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Michigan Wolverines anything
5. Columbus Blue Jackets

ROTLA

roundshort said:
sorry sucker but your are being abithc. read it, live it enjoy iy. The cavs ( sorry lebron is OUT what a lkoser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so ohio fans what do u have NOTHIGING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BROWNS SUCK the BROWNS suck so be a lame ass state jumper and to mich. that is SO LAME but it is all you have so enjoy it GO pens We in burg have much more. Be a hater, but grow up at least.

Perhaps it's because in Ohio we spend too much time learning about English/grammar/spelling.

roundshort

ROTLA said:
Perhaps it's because in Ohio we spend too much time learning about English/grammar/spelling.

Yes, you can all be great secretaries, like mine at work, I think she might be from Ohio come to think it!

indifan101

DETROIT RED WINGS 2008 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! Hey great effort by the Penguins I look forward to them being in it next year!

indifan101

Well wings fans we did it! We are the Stanley Cup Champions of 2008! I can?t believe it either what a win and amazing game 6 for the wings they scored first and often to win and wore down the pens offense and Ozzy played solid again! I have to take my hats off to the penguins what a valiant effort they gave to try to comeback and in the series and Fleury played in this seires like a man on fire! What a future he has for this pittsburgh franchise and this organization. Great series and great season for the penguins a very impressive team and one to look out for next season. I?m so proud of my wings this season they proved they were and are the best team in the league and watching them hoist the cup brought tears to my eyes! Fantastic coaching, recruiting and scouting by the wings organization to make this happen! Congradulations to a great seasonby the penguins and my DETROIT RED WINGS a fantastic way to end the season, dominational, sensasional and incredible GO WINGS GO!