2nd Trailer - initial impressions

northernsoul

Wow! I loved this one so much more than the first!

The voice-over at the beginning was a nice touch and I loved the dialogue - *arm out* "Don't touch anything." Pure Indy! And finally Marion got a look in. Great stuff. :D

mr.wolf

damn, i wish i could download freeware at work, or at least had a player that could play that flv ahhhhhhh

mr.wolf said:
damn, i wish i could download freeware at work, or at least had a player that could play that flv ahhhhhhh

You know, I was honestly kind of having some trepedation about this film...until I saw that. That was just a kick ass trailer and makes me want to see this film today.

lucy

HOLY CHILLED MONKEY BRAINS
wow wow wow Ive got goosebumps watching that. Even his voice over makes me do a little dance of joy. YES! :whip: :whip:

lucy said:
HOLY CHILLED MONKEY BRAINS
wow wow wow Ive got goosebumps watching that. Even his voice over makes me do a little dance of joy. YES! :whip: :whip:

Does anyone have any idea when we might see this in HD? The sound is obviously muffled a bit. I think it Harrison's voice in the beginning but the sound quality makes it difficult to tell.

lucy

mindy muffles said:
Does anyone have any idea when we might see this in HD? The sound is obviously muffled a bit. I think it Harrison's voice in the beginning but the sound quality makes it difficult to tell.

Im almost 100% sure its him but youre right the quality isnt the best (Im not complaining!! Im just glad to see the trailer!!) it would be nice to see it all cleaned up.
mmm cate blanchette - I love that women so much - IMHO shes the best actress of her time, to have her in an indy movie has made my year!!! WHOOP

Hedwig

The Trailer. Was. AWESOME!!!:D First I was like: What?! Second trailer is out?! Where?! And then I checked the earlier posts...:) Thanks to the one/ ones who posted!!!

Chilled_Monkey

Wow that's gone a long way to restore my faith in this film. The old Indy charm is there in spades.

'Put your hands down, you're embarrassing us.'

The way harrison delivers that line is just priceless. Had me guffawing like a mong the first time I watched it.

They revealed just enough without revealing too much imo. I'm not sure what those complaining about a lack of plot and narrative in the trailer are going on about to be honest. Just how much do you expect a 2 minute trailer to reveal, or more to the point, just how much should you want it to?

It ticked all the boxes for me. Loved it! :whip:

lucy

Chilled_Monkey said:
Just how much do you expect a 2 minute trailer to reveal, or more to the point, just how much should you want it to?

EXACTLY. I want just enough so Im salivating but not enough that I know what to expect. I really want to go into this knowing as little as possible about the story (hence the reason I avoid the indy 4 spoilers section).

SterankoII

It tells you enough of the movie's plot and what the object is just like the theatrical trailer for Raiders. I just love Harrison's VO in the beginning. He always manages to sell the far out exposition whenever Indy talks about the mystical artifacts and the legend surrounding them! Even if the banter during the jungle chase seems silly, seeing Marion's smile was great. I also liked the digital countdown as an indicator that this is set in a different time period.

oki9Sedo

SterankoII said:
It tells you enough of the movie's plot and what the object is just like the theatrical trailer for Raiders. I just love Harrison's VO in the beginning. He always manages to sell the far out exposition whenever Indy talks about the mystical artifacts and the legend surrounding them!

I love the way he does that.