3rd trailer

Adamwankenobi

sandiegojones said:
Yeah, those are in the Peruvian desert. Believed to be signals to the "gods" by the Incas. It's believed they could have only been made by people directing the art from the sky as they have perfect proportions but are as large as 5 football fields.

They really seem to have tied all of the myths together nicely. Makes it all plausible.

That shot gives me a CE3K vibe. (y)

The Nazca lines are created very simply by picking up stones.... and moving them to the sides. No Alien involvement.

I was appalled (though not surprised considering what we've heard of Nazca Warriors in the film) to see them in the trailer. They're just playing this up for Von Daniken cronies. Meh.

Other than that, the new trailer's pretty cool.

sandiegojones

ResidentAlien said:
The Nazca lines are created very simply by picking up stones.... and moving them to the sides. No Alien involvement.

I was appalled (though not surprised considering what we've heard of Nazca Warriors in the film) to see them in the trailer. They're just playing this up for Von Daniken cronies. Meh.

Other than that, the new trailer's pretty cool.
Dude, it's a movie. They're just playing on a myth for a good story. They aren't trying to prove it's true.

spiralout

Remember when the merchandize used to call them Nazca warriors, and then they changed it to Ugha Warriors? Why did they change it?

sandiegojones

spiralout said:
Remember when the merchandize used to call them Nazca warriors, and then they changed it to Ugha Warriors? Why did they change it?
Because the story is based on a fake story from a German nut bar pretending to be descended from an ancient civilization called the Ugha Mongulala.

sandiegojones

ResidentAlien said:
Not a myth. The ravings of a lunatic.
Whatever, it's a story. I'm not claiming to be a believer, I'm just passing along the info to people. Let people make up their own minds.

Regardless, they are real (the drawings) and they're fascinating just like a lot of other meso-american culture. Everybody learns about the Egyptians and other eastern civilizations not realizing that the meso-americans were building pyramids and had much better systems of math, astronomy and writing at the same time an ocean away.

I find them interesting and not because of the sci-fi angle.

sandiegojones said:
Whatever, it's a story. I'm not claiming to be a believer, I'm just passing along the info to people. Let people make up their own minds.

Regardless, they are real (the drawings) and they're fascinating just like a lot of other meso-american culture. Everybody learns about the Egyptians and other eastern civilizations not realizing that the meso-americans were building pyramids and had much better systems of math, astronomy and writing.

I find them interesting and not because of the sci-fi angle.

Oh I agree. I think the Nazca Lines are fascinating. I just find it a shame that they're exploited by lunatics like Von Daniken.

sandiegojones

Yeah, people spend too much time making stuff up rather than really trying to understand what these people were about. People think of sacrifice and consider Aztecs and the like as savages, but they fail to understand the reasons behind it.

Still even if the places used in the film are "misrepresented" they will maybe bring attention and get people interested in them.

davejames

Adamwankenobi said:
I think I like this trailer the best. It seems to have a good combination of all the previous footage, with a little bit of cool new stuff. :cool:

Agreed. It feels a bit more dramatic somehow.

enoch

Regarding the enigmatic "lines" of Nazca, what is it that makes some so beligerent when it comes to possible evidence of ancient astronauts? Is there anyone who is still so blissfully unaware of the academic knowledge-filter agenda to debunk all things alien? Honestly, think for yourself a bit, or better yet, enlighten us all on their real function and purpose. :mad:

commontone

re. the Nazca Lines...

You don't have to believe they were created by aliens, but they're still a mystery, as are the great pyramids. There is no universally accepted, pat explanation for them. Assuming they WEREN'T made with "help" they are still an extraordinary feat given the general state of technology and mathematics at the time they were made. It's amazing enough that it's to be expected that some would speculate in that direction (aliens)..

It would be difficult to build them without seeing them from above, and
You can't really see or appreciate them EXCEPT from above, so...

obviously, to me, some people's minds will gravitate toward something like ancient astronauts. I don't believe that, but the idea itself flows pretty naturally from the circumstances, and it doesn't mean you're a nut for thinking about it.

Michael24

metalinvader said:
The jungle cutter scene looks a little bit touched up (The blade bounces).

Pretty cool!

The blade has always bounced, or was just coming up from a bounce, in the existing trailers and ads. But in this new one, the shot is extended, making the bouncing more evident. The shot looks pretty cool, the way the blade suddenly appears out of the smoke and bounces right at them.

-Jones-

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ez5f-IuD9sg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ez5f-IuD9sg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>