A Blast Or A Bomb?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Guys, the fact that you put this bit of "news" in the "brace yourselves"-thread speaks for itself. This is a box office prediction, which by its own author is described as "excessive" and introduced by the following words:
As a part-time cineaste, the idea of assessing the commercial prospects of films and ranking them like college football teams represents the height of vulgarity.

(...)

And yet we rank... order... dishonor. We reduce artistic achievement to a popularity contest, pitting Monet against Matisse, Bach against Brahms, Backdraft against Back to the Future III. It is trivial, tawdry, and wrong.

But it's April, and it's expected. Premiere's to blame; they made summer movie prognosticating glossy and fun.

Last edited:

blueseattle

I had a nightmare last night that the movie was horrible. I really hope this isn't the case because it was nightmarish bad.. horrible dialogue and just nonsense all around.

The pictures today confirmed that this could not be the case, though. (y)

triklops

blueseattle said:
I had a nightmare last night that the movie was horrible. I really hope this isn't the case because it was nightmarish bad.. horrible dialogue and just nonsense all around.

The pictures today confirmed that this could not be the case, though. (y)

Don't wanna get too spoiled...just want to know : are the pics INDY'ish ? :) :whip:

Echo22

Indy vs. Batman - We've seen this once before. The result is this - we win.

I, for one, can say that there is not a force of nature on this earth that can convince me that this movie will not be successful - it's just a matter of HOW successful.

I'm thinking that the wave will blow over pirate ships and come very close to turning over any passenger steamships that cross it's path.

Get ready, folks. :whip: