A gunfight!

Way of the dodo

Let's say you're Spielberg and you looked at Crystal Skull and decided it needed a Raiders-style gunfight after all (which is how the motorcycle chase in Last Crusade came to be). Where would you put it, and how do you integrate it into the existing movie? (no, you can't do a major re-write of the whole movie. You only have 3 days to shoot it.) I think the 3rd act needs it most, but I'm not sure how...(cue 10 jokes about walkie-talkies)

MaxPhactor23

TheMutt92 said:
Not in the hangar. I would've had a hostage situation around the throne room, which would have Mac being killed by Spalko.

You know...I was the first person to come up with this idea. Now everyone steals it. I really should have kept my re-write to myself. Meh!

To answer the actual question, I'd put the gun fight in Peru somewhere. Perhaps I'd have cut the rubber tree scene entirely, had them just drive into the river and have them be chased in a boat by russians, eventually erupting into gunfire on the river. Indiana Jones also would have def. shot that cemetery warrior right in the chest.

Way of the dodo

I'm thinking instead of Mac's lame death scene, a rear guard of a few Russians appears in the treasure room and kill Mac as he emerges. Indy uses Mac's gun to shoot their way out of the treasure room as the place falls apart.

glorbes

It is strange how 'sanitized' the violence in Crystal Skull is when compared to the other films. I never really thought about it until I read this thread...I guess the eighties really was a golden age of brutal action movie violence.

Udvarnoky

MaxPhactor23 said:
You know...I was the first person to come up with this idea. Now everyone steals it. I really should have kept my re-write to myself. Meh!

It's so perfect though! It eliminates a sorry character, and gives Spalko the edge she needed. Furthermore, it gives Indy a reason to actually go find their crate. I'm still not sure why he decided to in the final film.

glorbes

Agent Spalko said:
Apparently you haven't seen Rambo 4.

Heh...I actually did. What's great is that Stallone had to produce that film independently and shop around for a distributor...I remarked to myself that the whole thing really felt like a time warp of sorts, but with a modern editing style and cgi gore.

Crusade>Raiders

Sam Falco said:
**** Rambo

*slap*

Thats for blasphemy

Anyway, I'd put the fight in the third act, somewhere inside the Akator Palace/Throne Room. The third act really kinda fell apart to me, Indy kinda stood around not doing anything.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Agent Spalko said:
Shoot Mac at the hangar.

Heh, and just when I was starting to like you.

Seriously though, MaxPhactor's got the best idea I've seen...dump the rubber tree and give us the chase/gunfight in the river that the movie really deserved.