A misery soaked thread. Whinge away!

Indy Black

I've had mono for the past 8 weeks and this was the last week of being sick, I caught it from my girlfriend in mid Febuary(aww the gift that keeps on giving).

Anyone who says being sick for that long is fun or relaxing is crazy:mad: I had to stop working, crawl my way to math class and spent most of my day sleeping.

Now at the end of the semester I have a big fat F in said math class because I couldn't keep it together...*head desk* which means I have to spend my summer taking math. Am still exhausted, have no energy for anything but sleeping and reading/watching tv/surfing the net.

ReggieSnake

Indy Black said:
I've had mono for the past 8 weeks and this was the last week of being sick, I caught it from my girlfriend in mid Febuary(aww the gift that keeps on giving).

Anyone who says being sick for that long is fun or relaxing is crazy:mad: I had to stop working, crawl my way to math class and spent most of my day sleeping.

Now at the end of the semester I have a big fat F in said math class because I couldn't keep it together...*head desk* which means I have to spend my summer taking math. Am still exhausted, have no energy for anything but sleeping and reading/watching tv/surfing the net.
I feel for you, I had Mono several years ago and got no pity, granted I did not have a real bad case, it was the watching my friends play backyard tackle football all fall that got to me.

Anybody with such an opinion as obviously not been through said experience.:p

I have no idea how I got it, I wasn't kissing anybody or anything.

UKIndyFan

Nothing compared to you guys, but I have nobody to go see Iron Man with. And I'm not sitting in a packed theater all alone. One of my best friends is genuinely sick and the others are 'busy' :( *sigh*

Iandiana

UKIndyFan said:
Nothing compared to you guys, but I have nobody to go see Iron Man with. And I'm not sitting in a packed theater all alone. One of my best friends is genuinely sick and the others are 'busy' :( *sigh*

Guess who has to see Indy alone because all his loser friends fell out with him over his girlfriend?

Guessed yet...?

|ZiR|

I think there's something wrong with my heart, but I can't afford to get it check out.

It makes this weird audible clicking noise when it beats, like it's hitting the ribcage. I'm so freaked out by this. :(

Lord_glavin

|ZiR| said:
I think there's something wrong with my heart, but I can't afford to get it check out.

It makes this weird audible clicking noise when it beats, like it's hitting the ribcage. I'm so freaked out by this. :(

wow, you really should get that checked out

but you are right, US health care is absoloutley shocking
once I was over there I had and accidednt and had to go to the emergency room and they charged me 400 dollars for a 2 min ambulance ride! in NZ its free!

ReggieSnake

Lord_glavin said:
in NZ its free!
Well.... someone is paying for it.;)

The last thing I want is nationalized health care in the US (you guys don't have that sort of system in NZ, do you?), though I agree, even simple emergency care is ridiculously expensive.

|ZiR|, sounds like you really need to get that looked at! You could also do some online research to see if it is a obvious serious symptom. I'll say a prayer for you that it turns out all right.:)

Last edited:

Lord_glavin

ReggieSnake said:
Well.... someone is paying for it.;)

The last thing I want is nationalized health care in the US (you guys don't have that sort of system in NZ, do you?), though I agree, even simple emergency care is ridiculously expensive.

|ZiR|, sounds like you really need to get that looked at! You could also do some online research to see if it is a obvious serious symptom. I'll say a prayer for you that it turns out all right.:)

*fixed*
I'm not the one with the symptoms, sorry lol

but yeah, I'm not saying that our system is better but my parents live in the US and when they have to fork out 1000 a month just for health insurance it really hurts
but its not like NZ doesn't have its own problems, food has gone up like 30-40% in price in the last year *whine whine* and boy does the wallet hurt

ReggieSnake

Lord_glavin said:
*fixed*
I'm not the one with the symptoms, sorry lol
Duly noted.:eek: Thanks.;)
Lord_glavin said:
but yeah, I'm not saying that our system is better but my parents live in the US and when they have to fork out 1000 a month just for health insurance it really hurts
but its not like NZ doesn't have its own problems, food has gone up like 30-40% in price in the last year *whine whine* and boy does the wallet hurt
Insurance....grrrr.

Indy Black

Yeah get that heart thing checked out and health care here in the US is hit/miss and crappy. The bill for the blood work done,mono related almost killed me when I saw it....$750:eek: For 5 vials of blood drawn and tests run, the good news is despite the mono I'm in great health, the bad news I have mono(no sh^**())_) I figured that out after my girlfriend's mono test came back postive. It's kind of hard not to catch it when we live together.

Hedwig

I apologize about my very stupid question, but what exactly is a mono? I assume it's a disease, but what kind of a disease? Is there a cure? I'm sorry for those with mono, apparently it sucks...:(

ReggieSnake

Hedwig said:
I apologize about my very stupid question, but what exactly is a mono? I assume it's a disease, but what kind of a disease? Is there a cure? I'm sorry for those with mono, apparently it sucks...:(
Mono, short for Mononucleosis. Basically, certain glands in your neck swell giving you a horrible sore throat for up to a few weeks, and your spleen enlarges with the
danger being that it would burst. For this reason such a person can not play contact sports for 3 months to avoid such an incident.:eek: Probably the most well know symtom, however, is the tiredness; marked by an increased need of sleep. In some cases people need to sleep much of the day for an extended period of time. The disease is usually spread through blood, or saliva (thus it's called the kissing disease), and, like the chicken pox, people usually build an immunity to it after they have it, so they don't get it again.

nezobiwan

I'm working at the same place I've been working at for years even though I hate it. But I can't leave because it's too easy, my mom works here too, and I keep getting free theme parks tickets to various places as a bonus.

I'm my own worst enemy in this case. Must... get... a grip... on self.

The_Raiders

ReggieSnake said:
Mono, short for Mononucleosis. Basically, certain glands in your neck swell giving you a horrible sore throat for up to a few weeks, and your spleen enlarges with the
danger being that it would burst. For this reason such a person can not play contact sports for 3 months to avoid such an incident.:eek: Probably the most well know symtom, however, is the tiredness; marked by an increased need of sleep. In some cases people need to sleep much of the day for an extended period of time. The disease is usually spread through blood, or saliva (thus it's called the kissing disease), and, like the chicken pox, people usually build an immunity to it after they have it, so they don't get it again.

Thanks Reggie for putting that image in my mind! :eek: :p

Hedwig

I guess it's my time to tell:
I went to the dentist with my mom today and now I'm facing one of the most hardest choices of my entire life. I've had braces in my teeth since I was 6 (now I'm 15, so it's a very long time!). I have several options, but each one of them has its good and bad sides.
And my mom has known some stuff about the options that she didn't bother to tell me! I was listening when my mom talked to my dad about it and heard stuff that will definetly affect on my choice.
I can't tell the whole situation, because I don't know all the correct words for it... But some of the options are:
1) a surgery -> painful recovery and possible complications (-> and braces?)
2) have braces till you are about 25 years old -> may hurt your self-esteem and bring many tears when crying about how it sucks.
3) let things be how they are -> things could go worse, if I grow and my bone structure may change -> harder to treat when I'm an adult -> expensive, because I would have to pay it by myself
I have also a couple of other options too... This is a very complicated thing, and I've had some physical and also some mental pain over the years...:(