A Newbie Says Hello

I'm new to the Raven Forum, but certainly not new to the world of Indiana Jones! I'm what you'd call a "First Generation" fan. I was 10 when the movie opened in 1981 and have nothing but great memories of the Indy films. Raiders of the Lost Ark was one heck of a "snack" for all us "Star Wars" fans in-between TESB and ROTJ. The great toys, Marvel comics, Topps trading cards and the soundtrack (my #1 most-anticipated gift during X-Mas '81) were fine "artifacts" that I've held onto for nearly 25 years now. Most kids of the so-called "Gen-X'ers" lived Indy! We wanted bullwhips for gifts, we wanted a fedora and leather jacket, we always said we'd jump on trucks and knock the driver out of it, we were simply mad with Indy and the thrill of adventure! I'm very glad to see that people who weren't even born when ROTLA opened are die-hard fans! It's kind of like my friends and I, who were huge Steve McQueen fans, even though his best films were made before we could really appreciate them! Anyhow, let this be a big "Hello" to all of you out here at the bar and I really look forward to sharing your thoughts on all things Indy...

Tennessee R

Hello, InBanana, and Strider. And as 00Kevin says:
"Welcome to the Raven, Where paths cross" (C) 00Kevin

I like your location InBanana (on your profile) "Barnett College"

Although I've been reading the posts at this site regularly, I just registered in Jan.

Webley

Its always nice to meet a Short Round fan, believe it or not some of the bar flys in hear think Mr. Round sucks.

Tennessee R

Can you remember their names, Webley? :) No...I don't want to start a fight between you and others. :)
I like Short Round. I mean, I like a lot of others too, but I ceartainly have nothing bad to say about Mr. Round.

MP3

Welcome, Banana Man and Runner! ;)

No offense/insult intended; my newest self-appointed, [un]official job around here is to assign comical nicknames to everyone, like "Double-Oh!" (00Kevin) and "The Grand Canyon" (Canyon).

Disclaimer: Your nickname is subject to change without notice - although if does change, you'll find out soon enough, anyway. ;)

[Edited by MP3 on 02-07-2004 at 10:55 pm]

Tennessee R

Yes, and MP3, what is your nickname:
Music Man? (One of my favorite musicals by the way) ;)

oh, and I like my nickname. I understand it fully now, its just, you need to call it out phonetically:
Whatever Arkansaww. ;)
for us that have a southern accent ;)

MP3

That's one of the good things about being me - I'm exempt from coming up with a comical nickname for myself. ;) You can call me whatever you want, though - I'm not too picky. ;)

And yes - Tennes saw whatever it was that his friend Arkin saw. :D:D:D

Canyon

Welcome InBanana Jones and Strider! :D

I have also been an Indy fan for many years, and was eight when Raiders came out. Although I did not see it in the cinema at the time (my parents probably thought that it wasn't suitable for girls) :( Indy always stayed with me and I officially became an Indy fan when I saw Last Crusade in the cinema in 89' and have been a huge Indy fan ever since. Last year I got to see the trilogy on a big screen and seeing Raiders up there on a giant screen is amazing.

Welcome once again.

MP3 said:
No offense/insult intended; my newest self-appointed, [un]official job around here is to assign comical nicknames to everyone, like "Double-Oh!" (00Kevin) and "The Grand Canyon" (Canyon).
<small>"The Grand Canyon, voted friendliest Ravener, kinda got a nice ring to it." - If you've played Emperor's Tomb, you'll get that. ;)</small>

intergamer

Excuse me, I believe its pronounced ark-kansas

just like arcsin is pronounced arc-sin. Just say ark, then say kansas. None of this "saw" nonsense, you tool (no pun intended).

MP3

TommyJohnson said:
Hello and welcome to the bar!
Are you selling these fine leather jackets?

Only if they're bulletproof. ;) (See FoA)

And Strider, you're welcome (no pun intended). ;)