A quick question about the score/OST........

StoneTriple

Cole said:
People's disappointment in the score sums up the whole recpetion to the film to me...........I guess they simply had unreasonable expectations.

I think it has much more to do with how it's in vogue to bash all things Lucas from the world stage that is the internet. Any hater worth their salt isn't going to give Lucas credit for anything, even if it means bashing everything he's connected to, whether he was heavily involved or not,

Examples; He was one of three that had creative input in the final product (including fighting against some of the comedic elements of Spielberg), he wasn't the director, & he didn't score the film. However, he was part of the process of Kingdom so that means everything is blamed on him for his poor Star Wars prequels. Lucas-bashing is entertainment for some people - regardless of what they really think of his work on Kingdom.

For me - it's what the ignore list is for.

*edit*

Darth Vile said:
So why do some people hold the OST in disdain? Possibly because it’s become somewhat fashionable to bash all things Spielberg and Lucas.

Sorry - next time I'll read the rest of the thread before posting. DV had already mentioned what I believe to be the truth behind the score-bashing.