About the protests

Whipper

Kingsley said:
Someone said Indy's gray fedora is a sign he is just there as a visitor.
Does Indy wear the gray fedora in this one? That's the first I've heard of it, is there a picture or vidcap somewhere? That would be cool to see again. I liked that he had a dress fedora and an action fedora in Raiders.

metalinvader

Whipper said:
Does Indy wear the gray fedora in this one? That's the first I've heard of it, is there a picture or vidcap somewhere? That would be cool to see again. I liked that he had a dress fedora and an action fedora in Raiders.

Yeah,There is a shot of him wearing it in the new 'Mutt' video.

spiralout

Kingsley said:
Someone said Indy's gray fedora is a sign he is just there as a visitor.

Can someone explain this concept? Why is it a sign that he's visiting rather than a sign of matching clothing?

Inbanana

I'm not really sure what the purpose of the protest scene is supposed to be about... other than just to establish the time period, location, etc. (college campus, 50s, the cold war). But that doesn't explain why in the pictures the protesters are apparently chasing Indy... unless, like has been said, hes accused of being a communist or something... but wouldn't that just make the audience more sympathetic to the actual "bad guys" in the movie? I don't know how that would work.

IndyFan89

Actually Indy's gray fedora was supposed to be in LC as well. But due to some issues they couldn't get a gray fedora for the shoot. Steve Delk has informed me that Indy's gray hat is used whenever Indy is not on a adventure.

Gray Hat: School and Home

Brown Hat: Adventure

TheLastCrusader

herr gruber said:
Can't see the movie ending with a motorcycle chase. It seems so filler-ish.
Agreed. After the artifact is retrieved/lost, there's gotta be an ending scene where they just talk to conclude the movie.
I'm sure that the motorcycle chase is in the first half of the movie, right after the lecture.

Hedwig

There are so many things to think about: the warehouse, the motorcycle chase and all that stuff... I'm starting to get confused...

Stoo

IndyFan89 said:
Actually Indy's gray fedora was supposed to be in LC as well. But due to some issues they couldn't get a gray fedora for the shoot.
Steve Delk has informed me that Indy's gray hat is used whenever Indy is not on a adventure.

Gray Hat: School and Home

Brown Hat: Adventure
Yes, IndyFan89! This is what I've always thought since 1981.
Indy wears a gray fedora to go with his suit en route to Nepal
in "Raiders" but this new one looks like a lighter shade of gray.

I don't understand, Kingsley, why do you think a gray hat = visitor?:confused:

xVendetta17x

I think the protest would fit well into 1950's Cold War stage
It probably doesn't have anything really significant to the plot other then to just add some flavour to the era of film

Kingsley

Stoo said:
I don't understand, Kingsley, why do you think a gray hat = visitor?:confused:
I read it somewhere as a possibility. The truth is I can't remember Indy wearing a fedora as a teacher (outside the classroom), but that means nothing.

What if he doesn't work in Marshall but goes there because of something connected to Brody (the statue without head:confused: )?

About the protest... the students seem to chase him, also a black car!

And there is a protest sign where you can read: B#### KILL REDS... :confused: :confused:

NileQT87

"b*tch kill"? i'd imagine that's '50s teen slang. hence, "that's a b*tchin' ride!" sounds like a dated slang way to say 'kill them in a really massive way'.

metalinvader

Kingsley said:
I read it somewhere as a possibility. The truth is I can't remember Indy wearing a fedora as a teacher (outside the classroom), but that means nothing.

In LC,When he leaves through the window....;)

MovieLover152

Has anyone actually tried reading one of the signs the students are protesting with in the behind the scenes videos? I mean the signs they're holding? This would be a major clue, and maybe an answer to your guys questions about the protests.(y)

TheLastCrusader

protest1.jpg

protest2.jpg

"BURN ALL RED"