Anthony Ingruber

ThrowMeTheWhip

Exclusive: Anthony Ingruber is in the film in a yet unknown role.

I have been sitting on this for six or seven months waiting for a source that would allow me to go ahead with it. My earlier source suggested he was doubling Harrison for the 1940s sequence.

My current source says this is not accurate. But that he is definitely in the film.

Ender

Hello everyone. This is my first post but I've been following y'all for a while. Real cozy here.

I'm sorry to have to bring up Star Wars again but I feel it's worth mentioning that Anthony Ingruber was initially cast as a young Han Solo in Star Wars Rebels (animated series) before the character was written out. Here's an old video of him as a teen doing a Han Solo impression. He also auditioned for the role in Solo: A Star Wars Story, but lost out to Alden Ehrenreich. He also played a young version of Harrison Ford's character in Age of Adaline.

So needless to say the guy has a long history of doing Harrison Ford impressions. Make of that what you will.

Personally, I can't imagine why they'd need an impressionist if they're just de-aging Ford. A stuntman can do all the physical stuff he can't, but I would think Ford can do all the parts where Indy needs to talk.

00Kevin

Indyfan
There's a big rumor making the rounds that Harrison Ford lookalike Anthony Ingruber is in the film. What could this mean for the future of the franchise?

-video removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

IndianaBones

That’s interesting that Anthony’s in this film. I thought we had already seen Harrison with deepfake dots on his face at the beginning of the shoot, so idk what Anthony would bring to the table, if he does have something to do with playing a younger Jones. Unless Harrison was filming a 40s flashback and Anthony filmed a different flashback going for an even younger Jones. No idea

Ender

At this point it's looking likely he's just some unrelated character, unless you guys wanna grab some tinfoil hats and insists he's Indy's other son.

Mickiana

He looks like HF, but he has to bring HF's energy to an IJ role. If they are going to continue IJ films, they need to have someone with at least a resemblance to HF, in looks and mannerisms.

Nerdpants

At this point it's looking likely he's just some unrelated character, unless you guys wanna grab some tinfoil hats and insists he's Indy's other son.
I reckon it's an unrelated character too. It would be too jarring having someone else portray Jones as a 31 year old

ThrowMeTheWhip

That’s interesting that Anthony’s in this film. I thought we had already seen Harrison with deepfake dots on his face at the beginning of the shoot, so idk what Anthony would bring to the table, if he does have something to do with playing a younger Jones. Unless Harrison was filming a 40s flashback and Anthony filmed a different flashback going for an even younger Jones. No idea
My impression when I first was told this many months ago was that he was just body doubling and they would do face replacement. My current source suggests that he is not playing Indy, though.

Forbidden Eye

Personally, I can't imagine why they'd need an impressionist if they're just de-aging Ford. A stuntman can do all the physical stuff he can't, but I would think Ford can do all the parts where Indy needs to talk.
Harrison sounds fine, but his voice I think would be noticeable if he was playing Indy in his 40s. Everyone’s voice changes in 30+ years, even if just subtly so.

If there is a flashback, de-aging could make Ingruber unnecessary physically (ignoring stand-ins) but yeah I could see Ford’s voice in a flashback bugging James Mangold, thus needing the best Harrison Ford impressionist around just to make it sound as authentic as possible make a 40 year old Indy sound like a 40 year old Indy and not a 79 year old Indy.

Nerdpants

@Forbidden Eye I agree that everyones voice changes as they age.

I suspect however that they will use a computer program to do Harrison Fords voice as young Indy. If you haven't watched the bts of Madalorian, go check it out. They show exactly what they did for the Luke Skywalker cameo.

I guess it's possible that they will use an impressionist but I think that the technology in recent years has allowed them to move away from that approach.

emtiem

My impression when I first was told this many months ago was that he was just body doubling and they would do face replacement. My current source suggests that he is not playing Indy, though.
That's good. Nothing against the fella but whenever I've seen him do Ford impressions it always proves to me why Ford is so good: this guy gets all the mannerisms and inflections technically perfect, but there's just something missing behind the eyes- the twinkle and personality isn't there. It's kind of like watching a robot perform.
It also -to me- proves why River Phoenix was so good too: he totally got Ford's Indy performance and mimicked it just enough but was also a proper movie star himself so had all of that charisma to make it work.

Face_Melt

George Lucas would be 25 in 1969! Maybe during an action sequence Indy bumps into him while George is trying to film some stuff. Small films…personal stuff you know? His camera falls on the ground and smashes to bits. Indy picks it up and hands it to him and tells him “You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.” Indy’s theme kicks in as George looks at the camera with a smirk.