Any one else find this a little weird/funny

agent_dork

When indy is like in that chair the the tent at the camp spalko puts her hands on his knees when i saw that i was like Whoa!

Bvance

Better...

I think that if she was some sort of dominatrix that Seduces men to get what she wants, "Because she always gets what she wants." Yowzers!!! :D She would have been a much stronger villain. I mean, I found her VERY HOT! So I'd be spilling all the secrets to her without little effort on her part.

When I saw this scene I thought, oh here she goes, but actually we can't show that kind of sensuality to all the little kiddies I guess. But I think it would have made her character much more interesting.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
The Man said:
SPALKO
Oh, I must thank you, Dr. Jones. I thought I might die a virgin.

INDY
Always glad to help.
Hehehe...

I must say that I'm quite fond of that little Spalko-moment*. Although the concept of her character doesn't seem too striking I like a lot of Blanchett's little gestures and the way she lends some of her scenes an interesting note.

Bvance said:
When I saw this scene I thought, oh here she goes, but actually we can't show that kind of sensuality to all the little kiddies I guess. But I think it would have made her character much more interesting.

Yeah. Maybe it would. On the other hand, though, what makes this little moment interesting is that it could easily go unnoticed. There's something almost subtle about it, which would get lost if it becomes the center of attention.

* What woman wouldn't like to put her hands on Dr. Jones' thighs.

Last edited:

Crusade>Raiders

Yeah, I like that part. She leans off and says "It was not made by human hands!" and Indy kinda gave this strange look like "WTF are you doing?"

kongisking

The Man said:
Anyone else think that Spalko and Dovchenko could have been knockin' Commie boots together?

The novelization actually hints at a possible crush by good ol' Antonin. I would have loved it if the beards had worked in a romantic subplot between her and Dovy. It could have made Dovchenko's demise actually dramatically poignant, and could have added another dimension to Spalko that could actually make her a more sympathetic person.

Crusade>Raiders

MaxPhactor23 said:
We've officially run out of topics to talk about.

Nah uh! We could complain about the Crystal Skull's look, or its on-again/off-again magnetism.

In fact, time to go start the thread...