Anybody else trying to avoid Indy IV news?

Little Indy

I am eagerly anticipating the new movie. But I don't want to know too much about it before I go in. I want the movie experience to be the first time I see or learn things about the movie. I find it hard to resist the Indy IV section of the forum however. I do appreciate everyone who puts up the spoiler alert warning. Anybody else feel the same way?

Michael24

I have tried to avoid a lot of the stuff that gives details. I kinda regret looking at the Hawaii location pics showing that big rock cutter truck. But I'm just trying to keep on news regarding the trailer's release and such. I don't want to keep as much of the film a surprise as possible, at least until the trailer and we finally get a sense of what the film is about and stuff. :)

Little Indy

That's odd. I could have sworn that I posted this in the General Indiana Jones Discussion section. But as it is late I may have been wrong. Now I am even more tempted because I have to enter the Indy IV section just to read the replies!

Jedinizar

It's becoming really difficult to me to avoid this days the Indy Spoilers... with lack of news etc, and than you see threads or news Plot reveled or the role of one or the other actor...
I'm happy that I don't know Details, it is ok for me to see some Picture that don't reveal a lot about the story, the name of the title is enough to me to know what the story will be like, and since it's the 50, I'm not surprised to know also who will be his enemy. the only thing what I dislike and hope it's only a rumor is the thing with shia.....

Michael24

Michael24 said:
I have tried to avoid a lot of the stuff that gives details. I kinda regret looking at the Hawaii location pics showing that big rock cutter truck. But I'm just trying to keep on news regarding the trailer's release and such. I don't want to keep as much of the film a surprise as possible, at least until the trailer and we finally get a sense of what the film is about and stuff. :)

Just goes to show how bad of a typist I am at 12 o'clock at night. That should say "I want to keep as much of the film a surprise as possible." Haha!! Damn fingers.

Johnny Nys

I'm kind of a middle man. I don't want to be spoiled too much, but I do like to know what a movie/book/video game is about before I go and spend money on it. Usually there's a good way to summarize a story without revealing the details (but I'm not saying it's easy!) And I'm still waiting for such a summary of this new movie.

kongisking

Jedinizar said:
It's becoming really difficult to me to avoid this days the Indy Spoilers... with lack of news etc, and than you see threads or news Plot reveled or the role of one or the other actor...
I'm happy that I don't know Details, it is ok for me to see some Picture that don't reveal a lot about the story, the name of the title is enough to me to know what the story will be like, and since it's the 50, I'm not surprised to know also who will be his enemy. the only thing what I dislike and hope it's only a rumor is the thing with shia.....

Yeah, I feel your pain...it becomes TERRIBLY frustrating to not know anything if your conciously trying to block out the goodies. But I have no right to even be on this thread, since I am always slurping up every Indy 4 spoiler I can find!!! Damn it, I'm too big of an Indy fan to just try and ignore it all! This is INDY 4 WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Indy's Fist

I like little bits but I try to remain unspoiled. It worked well with the prequal Star Wars movies. I liked all of them and I hardly knew anything going into them!

Adamwankenobi

I'm not too worried about spoilers. I mean, I'm trying to avoid any BIG spoilers, but for me, keeping up with all the latest internet rumors, reports (both true and false), and news prolongs the experience of the film, so that actually seeing the film on opening night is the icing on the cake. :cool:

(BTW, the Young Indy DVDs are also helping me get my Indy fix. (y))

grumpus

im trying to decide if i want to avoid everything thathas to do with Indy 4. i want to know absolutly nothing when i sit down to enjoy the best movie of this decade. of course, it will be beyond impossible to stay away from all the Indy 4 stuff we are going to be bombarded with in the coming months :whip:

metalinvader

Adamwankenobi said:
(BTW, the Young Indy DVDs are also helping me get my Indy fix. (y))

(y) You and me both!

I tried for the longest time to avoid spoilers but it's so damn hard not to look!
I will try to avoid major spoilers though,Key word..TRY!:p

Billy Ray

I'm trying to avoid spoilers as well, though I am open to the "official" spoilers that we get. I stay away from anyting labelled "spoiler" but will read anything from offical sources, basically what they want us to know about the movie ahead of time.

Still, one has to be cautious even with offical stuff...I got burned on The Phantom Menace by reading the track titles on the soundtrack CD that was released before the movie opened...one of the tacks was entitled "The noble death of Qui-Gon"...:rolleyes:

Adolf Hitler

It's strange but I actually enjoy these sorts of movies more when I know the spoilers. For me I've waiting so long to see these that spoilers don't ruin the experience foir me and actually whet my appetite for the picture in advance.

Chris Jones

The only news i'm looking for is trailer news, and a trailer/teaser attached to it, lol. I want to see it soooo bad.

Miss_Jones

Every time I read a spoiler I sort of wish I didn't. Trust me... I just came from reading about the Lego sets on the spoiler forum. :rolleyes: It's not that I don't like what I read; it's that I always end wondering how it will work out. I lived through all the Episode 1 anticipation, so I know how expectations can be dashed.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I have chosen to expect the worst. Like SMFM bad. That way I won't get too disappointed. I'll still read spoilers but I think I may stop a couple of months before release to make sure my expectations are low.

ReggieSnake

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, and I'm not going to listen to the soundtrack before the movie if it kills me. I find I miss out on the experience if I know about the movie before hand. I'm planning to go in and enjoy what ever is on the screen and then analyze it later, unless it is truely horrible, and in that case I'll enjoy it as much as possible then go buy the soundtrack. John Williams is awesome.:cool:

No Ticket

I haven't learned anything I wouldn't have figured out from a trailer anyway. I still have no real idea of the plot for the most part... but still, I wish I'd have stayed away a little bit more often.