Anyone elses walmart rollng back basic figure prices?

Way of the dodo

I hate Wal-Mart because it smells weird and is crammed with people with giant asses making it difficult to get around BUT...today I went in anyway and got the entire Last Crusade wave, minus Henry, for 5.44 each. And the new figures were moving fast. Hmm, maybe this is how a toyline should work-a good selection of quality figures and a reasonable price. Duh.

ChromiumBlue37

At nearly $8 an action figure, who would buy them in those amounts?

Now it looks like the average consumers can move in and do thier part to help carry this line.

Tyreal

ChromiumBlue37 said:
At nearly $8 an action figure, who would buy them in those amounts?

Now it looks like the average consumers can move in and do thier part to help carry this line.

I agree that may be just what this line needed to help it survive .

Wugmanmax

I think Hasbro has been trying a bit too hard to raise the toy prices in an economy that can't sustain it. They have pushed $8 a pop for Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Indy. That might not be too bad if Bandai and Mattel didn't have competing lines selling at the $5 price point. Even the Dark Knight 3 3/4 figures have a 2-pack for less than the price of one Hasbro figure.

ChromiumBlue37

Try taking a figure to a price scanner.

I did this at 3 different Wal-Mart Supercenters this evening and they all came up for $5.44. The peg sticker prices were not yet changed over.

indyclone25

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Try taking a figure to a price scanner.

I did this at 3 different Wal-Mart Supercenters this evening and they all came up for $5.44. The peg sticker prices were not yet changed over.

i did but still 6.96 maybe by the weekend

tnswman

Ok gang, I did a little test..Last week, I went to two wal-marts and bought 5 Indy figures at EACH store...ONE week later, EACH store had new cases of TLC figures..One wal-Mart got 1 case and the newer WM got 2 cases in. So, The figures are still being automatically re-stocked based on SALES!!! So, go buy some Indy figures if you need the LC figs...Then, check back in about 5-7 days It works PERFECTLY!!!

bonoferox

The wal-mart here which has been swamped since May is finally starting to thin out. One can only hope this rollback is an incredibly smart move :)

kevblee

Ever since they rolled back the prices at my WM....the figures seem to be moving. Too bad they weren't a lower price point to begin with. I unfortunately paid full retail for all of mine.:(

ChromiumBlue37

Yeah, I feel the same as you. Now I can finish getting the extra army builders I wanted. Seriously, I do have at least 5 of each figure, except Mutt w/ snake. Now I can get a few more of him.

It's funny how in just 4 or 5 days the figures do appear to be moving out.