Anyone taking their kids?

EddyW

So, I have a 9 year old son. We've watched the previous Indy movies together, which he loved. Though I told him to look away during the scariest bits. He's asking if we can see Indy 5 in the cinema. Has anybody taken a child, and what was the experience like? My son is quite mature for his age and not so easily scared by movies, but maybe seeing at the cinema is a bit much.

fedoraboy

I took my 9 year old opening night - he loved it! There are moments in all 4 previous films that I have to cover his eyes for, and he was worried that i wouldn't be able to cover his eyes at any similar moments in this one as I wouldn't know they were coming! However, he was relieved at the end of the film as there really isn't anything on the same level as the face melting or heart ripping in this one, he was happy with everything shown (though there is a fair bit of gun murder!)

Alex Yeo

I took my 8-year-old. I actually watched it first (just because I couldn’t hold out until the weekend ;), but didn’t need to worry. Similar to KOTCS, there is nothing like the scary stuff in the original trilogy. There are a couple of cold-blooded shootings in the New-York scenes which I distracted him from with some popcorn - but that’s about it.

Kevin

I took both my kids (5 and 8). They’ve seen the first four and they both liked this one.

EddyW

Good to hear and thanks for the input! I've decided to take my 9 year old tomorrow. He's very much looking forward to it, as am I.

MuttTheHoople

Took my 8 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy and both loved it. They had seen all the others. While it doesn't have the gross-outs of previous installments, it has a little more realistic gun violence in some scenes. Still, I agree with folks that say it's arguably one of the most family-friendly of the franchise.

HovitosKing

My 8-year old daughter found it overly long and boring. She wasn’t scared or scarred by anything in the film, it’s safe in that regard.

metalinvader

I wish. My son is only 19 months so that isn't happening but I took my 8 year old nephew on Wednesday and he had a great time and loved it.

indyclone25

you can take the kids , there isnt anything really scary, but i think young kids under 10 will find it a bit long and somewhat boring.

EddyW

We just came back from the cinema and both had lots of fun with it. I loved hearing his view on the movie. My son gave it a 7/10, as do I. But I'm sure at his age I would have blindly given it a 10/10. He had some pretty good points and I find it really admireable he is already very capable of wording his own opinion on things. Kids these days... 😉

HovitosKing

Not mine, but they were conditioned by all the other IJ films

So was mine, and she did. So. I guess people (kids included) can have different opinions on this film, regardless whether they’re a fan of the other films. I’m finding it annoying that reviewers and fans who don’t like the film are labeled non-fans. Let’s try avoid the groupthink and echo chamber mentality eh?

dire51

I took my youngest stepdaughter the second time I saw it. She has no real connection to Indy other than knowing it's my favorite film series, and has only seen the first three films once each (and she missed Crystal Skull completely). But she does like going to the movies.

She thoroughly enjoyed it. We've talked about it a bit off and on since then.

For the record, I think we were the youngest people at the showing that day. I'm definitely no spring chicken, but I'm also not quite as old as the majority of our fellow filmgoers.