Anyone worried?

No Ticket

joelwatts said:
I have to admit I am worried that I won't really like this movie. But maybe that is how they are trying to make us feel, then even if the movie is just okay, we will be happy.

I was never worried that I wouldn't like SW Ep. I, and while the experience of seeing it on opening day was very fulfilling (I'm 34 and had waited a long time), and I accepted it for many years as being good, I have grown to dislike the prequels very much.

When I first saw LC in 89, I didn't like it, but I saw it several more times and it grew on me. It's funny how a movie can either grow on you or you can grow away from it.

That makes the most sense to me. After all the talk Lucas has been doing about how people are gonna hate it anyway... and after his experience with the prequels, perhaps they don't want this "inevitability" to happen with Indiana Jones, thus... they have decided to make you THINK it is going to suck so you don't have your expectations so high and unreasonable that you can't possibly enjoy it.

On a side note. TPM wasn't THAT bad. AOTC was horrible. Unwatchable to me now. ROTS was pretty solid, especially the opening and ending.

misnomer

Nope. What's so refreshing is that virtually every story point we've heard is totally unexpected and sounds like it's a million miles away from an internet fan script. I think the movie will be really good- if not for any other reason than it being totally original and pushing into new territory. Indy 4 will be a better movie for it having taken so long. Had they made this in 1992 or something it wouldn't have been as worthwhile I think. All we can do is wait; it still hasn't registered in my mind that in a few months I'll actually be watching a Spielberg directed Indiana Jones sequel.