Armageddon Expo 2011- Karen Allen & John Rhys-Davies

Grizzlor

That's okay, I'm a Sliders fan and it's not often that you find one of the stars talking about the series anymore.

J.R-D fan

Grizzlor said:
Hey, great videos. Did you have anymore of JRD, he was in the middle of talking about Sliders and the 2nd video ends?

My apologies Grizzlor, as Violet said my battery died, a consequenve of trying to document the whole event for my blog. I can assure you, no one is more disappointed then I not to have recorded more. I have learnt though, next time I attend an event like that I will bring some spare batteries!!

Basically what he had to say about Sliders was that he signed on for a brilliant concept, and yet every weeks episode was basically a rip off of another popular sci fi idea (he quoted specifically an invisible bridge for one episode, seemed a bit famiuliar from his own acting history). He would not have minded if these stolen ideas were referenced, like "I think I saw this in a movie once", however what the writers did was blatant plagiarism. To make matters more annoying, he would receive brilliant scripts from aspiring writers, but they could not be used as these would be writers were not a part of the American writer's guild, and would be "stealing food off the plate of those that were". Hence, he hinted this had something to do with him leaving the series.

I hope this summary fills a bit of that gap for you, despite the fact I could not put it as eloquently as the man him self, let alone with such an awesome voice!