Audio commentary?

Trautman

Hello,

I've read about the 4-disc pack, but it's doesn't seem like it contains audio commentaries for the three movies.

I know that neither Spielberg or Ford have done audio commentaries so far, but Lucas has made audio commentaries for Star Wars Episode I and II.

For me it would be a huge disappointment without audio commentaries. What do you think?

And have anyone heard about audio commentaries on these discs?

Cheers,
Povl, Denmark

swords

Spielberg won't do any commentary, but Lucas and Ford will. Too bad, I want Spielberg's perspective...

Trautman

Are you sure?

swords said:
Spielberg won't do any commentary, but Lucas and Ford will. Too bad, I want Spielberg's perspective...

Are you sure that there will be audio commentaries with Lucas and Ford on the discs?

I would also like to hear the genious Spielberg, but commentary by Ford and Lucas sounds like a good commentary for the discs.

swords

I swore I heard that somewhere. The official news doesn't mention anything?

Anyway, Aaron H or someone might have more valid info. I thought there was going to be commentary, now Im worried.

Trautman

I have just looked again at the official site, but it doesn't look like it so far.

<I>Disc 1 offers the completely remastered Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. On Disc 2 is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, while Disc 3 offers Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Disc 4, which holds the bonus material, sports brand-new artwork by renowned movie-poster designer Drew Struzan. </I>

<http://www.indianajones.com/news/dvd_release.html>

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
A recent interview said almost quite clearly that the content on disc 4 would make commentary redundant. I'll look for a link.

Trautman

Disappointing news

Aaron H said:
A recent interview said almost quite clearly that the content on disc 4 would make commentary redundant. I'll look for a link.

That's a shame.

The great thing about audio commentaries is that when something odd happens, then the director/actor will explain how and why. - It will not happen in interviews.

I must say that I'm very, very, very disappointed, if there aren't audio commentaries. I think audio commentaries are the best extra material on DVDs.

Spielberg, Lucas and Ford together would be fantastic, but just two of them would be acceptable, and I could live with just one of them. - But I'm so disappointed if there isn't one at all.

bob

For me this really does wreck the Indy DVD's from being the ultimate package that 3 years of waiting has made me believe is in the offing. I mean i am sure the DVD set will be good but it is not going to be as good as it can be, i mean they have managed to fill 2 discs on films that were made in the 50's with few surviving cast members!; yet we will only get one bonus disc.

There isnt even a music only track which seems to me a bit stingy on a film so renowned for its sound....

Tequileros

bob said:

There isnt even a music only track which seems to me a bit stingy on a film so renowned for its sound....

Where do you need a music track for if you already have the music cd's :confused:

Mr.Deflok

Spielberg is simply far too busy making quality cinema to do a commentary and Lucas is currently working on Episode III. It's a pity their schedules won't allow for a commentary, I found the Star Wars commentaries to be quite interesting as far as most commentaries go.

Tequileros said:
bob said:

Where do you need a music track for if you already have the music cd's :confused:

Raiders has had a very good soundtrack re-release with (I believe) all the music from the movie, but TOD and LC are nowhere near as good. For TOD you have to buy an expensive import that doesn't have near all the music, and LC doesn't have it all, tracks are out of order, and copies are running out. So it's not a wonder people would want a music only track.

swords

"moi" said:
Anyway, Aaron H or someone might have more valid info. I thought there was going to be commentary, now Im worried.

Well Im not too worried now, since John Rhys Davis(our beloved Sallah) announced that he made a commentary track for Raiders.

I feel sorry for him, first it doesn't seem like he will star in Indy 4, and now I happened to just come across this info on the Raider.net home page in which it says "Deleted scenes on Indy DVDS" with no mention of John's commentary on the title.

So is this information factual?

bob

Tequileros said:
bob said:

1. IF you have the music cd's (i do not it is a lot of money to buy all 3 CD's)
2. They are by no means complete and wouldnt it be a wonderful experience to watch the movies with just the music?; why is Music only track such a popular feature?

Trautman

<B>Well Im not too worried now, since John Rhys Davis(our beloved Sallah) announced that he made a commentary track for Raiders.</B>

Where can I find information about this? Link?

Thanks,
Povl, Denmark

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Trautman said:
<B>Well Im not too worried now, since John Rhys Davis(our beloved Sallah) announced that he made a commentary track for Raiders.</B>

Where can I find information about this? Link?

Thanks,
Povl, Denmark
Just read the main TRN page...its all there.

Trautman

Aaron H said:
Just read the main TRN page...its all there. [/B]

I've been reading all the stuff about extra material at TheRaider.Net, but there's nothing about an included audio commentary, only the news that there wouldn't be.

Cheers,
Povl

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Trautman said:
Aaron H said:
Just read the main TRN page...its all there.

I've been reading all the stuff about extra material at TheRaider.Net, but there's nothing about an included audio commentary, only the news that there wouldn't be.

Cheers,
Povl [/B]
Well that then is the information that you seek.