Bag Strap Listing removed by eBay?

Las Vegas Jones

Hi all
I woke up this morning to an email from eBay saying that my Fixed Price listing for the bag strap I have had been pulled. Apparently someone filed a complaint with eBay that my listing had the words "Indiana Jones" in the title and was not offering anything Indiana Jones related, which violates eBay policy prohibiting use of a "celebrity name" in a listing to manipulate buyers to your listing. My listing IS "Indiana Jones" related, I cant see how it could have been mistaken for anything else.

I spoke to eBay about this and was told this: I was informed that the action was taken because of a user complaint about my listing. Even though I explained that the belt in the listing only had one purpose, to be used with an Indiana Jones Costume, I was told I could re-list the belt but had to put the words "Indiana Jones Costume" in the title. I asked about the other five listings pretty much worded the same as mine and why they were not removed as well. I was told that they would also be removed unless the same change was made, as long as a complaint was filed about them.

I just cant figure why someone would accuse the listing of being misleading when it was a clear and accurate listing both in title and description.

Well, to anyone else that is offering this type of thing consider altering your listing title before your listing is removed too.

Later
Las Vegas Jones