• Raiders Indy w/ Idol

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Cairo Indy w/ Whip-Cracking action

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Like 'em both!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

IndySeven

Which one do you think is better? I put both, because I liked the Raiders w/Idol figure, but the Cairo Indy figure (seeing that it is the only basic figure in the whole line so far with an action-feature) is really awesome too!(y)

DetectiveFork

Raiders Idols w/Idol could have been great if he had a neck and a decent likeness. I've seen some that look okay, but I think overall it's a pretty unsatisfactory toy. Cairo Indy looks good and I like the whip action, even if it means he otherwise has little articulation. I'm hoping we get an Indy in a later wave that generally looks like Raiders Indy w/Idol but has a better likeness. I think the Crystal Skull Indy (w/jacket body) with a younger Harrison Ford head (and a good sculpt) would be perfect. Whoever sculpted the Kingdom Indys really nailed Ford's likeness, so I hope to see more work from that person in the line.

I think the main complaint fans have is that we have yet to receive a PERFECT Indy, which to most would mean a great toy with a great likeness of the iconic Indy. The Last Crusade Indy appears to have a lot going for him, although he's wearing a tie which Indy only did for a little while in that movie. But you know there's going to be an Indy or two in every wave, so let's wait and see. The Temple of Doom wave is going to give us Indy with a ripped sleeve, of course, which I'm really looking forward to. I'm guessing that the waves that comes after that might offer new or revised Indys from the other films. Maybe the next Raiders wave will offer a true gem. I hope we don't just get the same Indiana Jones figures from the first three waves offered up again.

Errex

I am not too fond of action features in this scale. More often than not, they get in the way of sculpt and/or articulation.

That said, I must vote for Idol Indy. (y)

Idol Indy definitely I'm probably (ultimately) only buy Whip-crack Indy for his Relic as I did a fairly decent custom of Cairo Street Indy using Ark Indy and a spare Idol Indy's head (note to self get a second Rocket Launcher Indy for Ark Indy's Cloth disguise and head:cool: .)