• Atom Heart Mother (1970)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obscured by Clouds (1972)

• A Momentary Lapse of Reason (1987)

• Total voters
KiKi Kat said:
Thanks for postin this Resident. Pink Floyd is one of my favorite bands and a few of these albums I'd never heard of. But I will definitely give them a listen. As for the albums I have heard besides the obvious 2, I have only heard maybe a song here and a song there.

Damn, man! Get listenin'! I suggest hitting them up chronologically...

Really helps form an understanding of the band's progression-- their sound changed so drastically between the end of the 60s and the start of the 70s, thanks in no small part to Syd's leaving and Dave joining the band. They spent a few albums trying to reconcile that loss and come into a sound of their own. That evolution is fascinating and crucial in developing an understanding of who they are as artists, I think.

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
Damn, man! Get listenin'! I suggest hitting them up chronologically...

Really helps form an understanding of the band's progression-- their sound changed so drastically between the end of the 60s and the start of the 70s, thanks in no small part to Syd's leaving and Dave joining the band. They spent a few albums trying to reconcile that loss and come into a sound of their own. That evolution is fascinating and crucial in developing an understanding of who they are as artists, I think.

I googled it and I am definitely gonna give it a listen. I do have one question though. I seen you listed them in order but on the site I went to they also had "Delicate Sound of Thunder"- 1988 and unless I'm mistaken I didn't see that one listed on yours. Is it also a part of the chron. order?
Ok I lied, I have a second question. Do they have set you can buy that have all the albums?

KiKi Kat said:
I googled it and I am definitely gonna give it a listen. I do have one question though. I seen you listed them in order but on the site I went to they also had "Delicate Sound of Thunder"- 1988 and unless I'm mistaken I didn't see that one listed on yours. Is it also a part of the chron. order?

It's a live album. I also didn't include Pulse from '95 or Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live: 80-81 because they're live albums. Besides that, the poll couldn't accommodate any more options than I already had included.

And yeah, they have a set called Oh By The Way that's really beautifully packaged. It's pretty $$$ though.

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
And yeah, they have a set called Oh By The Way that's really beautifully packaged. It's pretty $$$ though.

I found it on Amazon for 216..I know what I'm gonna ask for come Christmas or possibly birthday. I'm sure it's gotta be well worth the price though. Thanks for the info.

KiKi Kat said:
I found it on Amazon for 216..I know what I'm gonna ask for come Christmas or possibly birthday. I'm sure it's gotta be well worth the price though. Thanks for the info.

I'll be so envious if you get that. I haven't been able to afford it yet myself.

I dropped not-so-subtle hints to my uncle though that I wanted it. He always gets me far too much music for the holidays and he was talking about getting me yet another Grateful Dead set. I love The Dead and all... but I own more Grateful Dead at this point than I do Floyd and well... I don't really need anymore. But Oh By the Way has had my eye now for 2 years.

Also grab...

http://www.amazon.com/Piper-at-Gate...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257095198&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/There-Anybody...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1257095253&sr=8-2

http://www.jr.com/product/music/pm/_1094617/ (Delicate Sound seems to be out of print-- this was the cheapest I could find it on a cursory glance)

http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Pink-Floyd/dp/B000002B35

That's really everything you need. There are a few compilations out there but they're all pretty forgettable so far as I'm concerned. And really none offer anything new. Avoid the Echoes set like the plague-- despite the positive reviews it often garners, it's an abomination. The inclusion of Marooned is its biggest infraction-- really-- only the guitar solo from a 6 minute song? For shame...

Last edited:

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
I'll be so envious if you get that. I haven't been able to afford it yet myself.

I dropped not-so-subtle hints to my uncle though that I wanted it. He always gets me far too much music for the holidays and he was talking about getting me yet another Grateful Dead set. I love The Dead and all... but I own more Grateful Dead at this point than I do Floyd and well... I don't really need anymore. But Oh By the Way has had my eye now for 2 years.

My birthday is November 30th. So I got a month to work on my hubby. So hopefully if the money is right....Lonsome is a real blasphemer though, he actually had the gall to say "The Rolling Stones" were better then "Pink Floyd". Really by all rights, for a comment like that, he owes me that set!!

Good luck with your uncle...Maybe if you show him the set he'll take the hint.

I was actually gonna ask about the Echoes. I seen it just now while browsin Amazon. And I'm checkin out the others you added also.

KiKi Kat

I had an awesome Christmas! But sadly, "Oh By the Way" was not under my tree. (n) Needless to say my hubby will be hangin out with Aunt Sally and her four nieces for awhile. Bwhaaaaa! :p

But, on the bright side I did get my Auburn Snuggi.

KiKi Kat said:
I had an awesome Christmas! But sadly, "Oh By the Way" was not under my tree. (n) Needless to say my hubby will be hangin out with Aunt Sally and her four nieces for awhile. Bwhaaaaa! :p

But, on the bright side I did get my Auburn Snuggi.

Yeah... wasn't under mine either. But I did get two awesome Syd Barrett t-shirts. And I'm soooo picking myself up a few Pink Floyd shot and pint glasses off of their website... ;)

KiKi Kat

ResidentAlien said:
Yeah... wasn't under mine either. But I did get two awesome Syd Barrett t-shirts. And I'm soooo picking myself up a few Pink Floyd shot and pint glasses off of their website... ;)

Those are awesome. Wonder if they react with blacklights. Which shirts did you get?

KiKi Kat said:
Those are awesome. Wonder if they react with blacklights. Which shirts did you get?

YDCT02.JPG

YDCT03.JPG