Beware of KotCS banner seller on eBay

I thought I should alert collectors to this fellow 'flipcheese13' on eBay. He's been buying up all the IJ4 banners and then immediately turning around and marking them $100+ over what he paid. I'm all for capitalism but not when someone does it by cornering the market and making collectors feel like they have no other choices.

Just my 2c worth....

Add "bestofeverything2010" to that list for this:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK : 25 Orig IMAX 2012 Mini Movie Poster HARRISON FORD

The Indie Indy business is good gettins...(n)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Add "bestofeverything2010" to that list for this:

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK : 25 Orig IMAX 2012 Mini Movie Poster HARRISON FORD

The Indie Indy business is good gettins...(n)

It's certainly something for nothing!

Whoever bought the posters must either have a gap in the their wallpaper or they can see future $$$$$$!

I suspect these will be popping up for years to come.

JuniorJones said:
It's certainly something for nothing! Whoever bought the posters must either have a gap in the their wallpaper or they can see future $$$$$$! I suspect these will be popping up for years to come.

Its hardly a big deal to sell your poster on ebay, but in bulk?!

I'm only speculating, but 50 hours worth of Raiders is hardcore!

Those few who caught the film later in the week have no recourse but to buy them...

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm only speculating, but 50 hours worth of Raiders is hardcore!
When I went to the Imax I didn't even see the mini posters, so I didn't get any. But at my marathon day, I asked about them and they basically said, "They're over there. Take a bunch." There was a pile of hundreds, at the end of the Imax week. I only took five, but they probably would have let me take 20+. They didn't really care.

I don't mind seeing someone sell them in bulk, provided they didn't scoop them up before fans (paying customers) got theirs. If the seller is a theater employee who hoarded them, that's a big (n) . If it's an enterprising Indy fan, that's fine by me.

goodeknight said:
If it's an enterprising Indy fan, that's fine by me.
Taking 25 of them and selling them on ebay is a scumbag move...something Belloq would do eh?

What's the result?
goodeknight said:
When I went to the Imax I didn't even see the mini posters, so I didn't get any.

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
What's the result?

Just to clarify, when I went to the Imax, I didn't look for or ask for the mini posters. Same theater for the marathon, and after a week of Imax showings, they still had a stack of at least 250 posters left, sitting at the entrance where they tear tickets.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I understood they were under strict conditions from the distributor to limit the posters to ticket holders as to restrict this type of activity. All none distributed posters were to be returned.

I guess this may not be the case and dealers are taking advantage of fans.

JuniorJones said:
I understood they were under strict conditions from the distributor to limit the posters to ticket holders...
It doesn't help that they're left in a pile testing the greed of Indy "fans".

Where are a crusaders spinning blades when you need them?!