Bond vs Jones

indydude

I was just thinking, what do you guys think is cooler, James bond or Indiana Jones, I vote Jones because I enjoy watching Indy movies every time I watch them, but Bond, you have seen one you have seen them all, that is just my opinion and I want to hear yours.

Guff Puff

"You seen one you seen them all"

No way!!!! Although Indy is far better then the classic Bonds, the Pirce Brosnan Bond films are very different from each other and I'm afraid to say they are better than Indy IMO.

EvilNazi

i find james bond good, but i still think indy is much better.

of course its not as succesful and hasnt lasted so long, because indy wont be interpreted by many different actors like with bond, only ford.

besides, the only movies that count in my opinion are ian flemmings. roger moore was a good james bond, but the movies werent that good, the whole style was different. then timothy dalton was a disaster and i dont like pierce brosnan at all. the movies are horrible, a violation to bonds original style. thats how i feel, you should see my father who is a big james bond fan and hates the new version. but he does like roger moore's movies.

00Kevin

Indyfan
OH %$#@!!!! NOT ANOTHER BLOODY BOND INDY COMPARISON!!!

If I see one more of these bloody threads........AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL KILL KILL

BOND IS COOLER

NOW ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*chainsaw* AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VVVVVVVVVZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolfgang

Well, I liek James bond but im not a fan. but if you are talking as in they were having a fight, ill go 50/50, bond has terrific weapons but his enemies are his size, indy has cheaper weapons but hes enemies are much bigger than him

00Kevin

Indyfan
wolfgang said:
bond has terrific weapons but his enemies are his size

What are you talking about?

have you ever heard of Jaws? Eric Kreigler (SP??)? Hans? Red Grant? stamper? Baron Samedi? Nick-Nack? :D (nick name was a midget) Tee-Hee? Whisper? Necros? Gobinda? bond has HUGE foes (and 1 midget)

wolfgang

well, thats true, but i mean come on...its just to easy for bond, while indy has tu suffer and get hurt (and yes i know bond doesn't come out totally clean on his latest films, but he used to) and I also know thats sort of the idea of bond, to come out clean but....i don't know, i still say its 50/50

00Kevin

Indyfan
balony, there are plenty of times.......indy has NEVER been tortured (at least, not in a film) bond is tortured ever film, book...........blah blah blah

and bond has had to fight through a TON of emotional stuff. every film he loses a friend

always an allie (like CIA, SIS.......)
often a bond girl
and several close friends have been paralyzed helping bond......

indydude

one of the biggest problems with the new Bond films is the lack of big battles, remember back in the Connery ones were there was always a big battle between tons of good guys and tons of bad guys that was always my favorite part, now Bond just fights in smaller fights all by himself or maybe with one or two sidekiks.

swords

Bond's cool, I get the Bond fever when a new one's going to be released(I wish the Indy series was the same).:( However, I love Bondish action, especially the chase scenes, but Indy has a more gritty take to its violence, which is more appealing.

We get to see Blood, and blood makes fights seem realistic. In these 007 films, theres not a drop of blood anywhere in sight(Im exaggerrating, you don't have to point out some rare occurrence);)

Hey, Bond's improving. We actually got to see him tortured in Die Another Day.

Raffey

Personally I think it rather stupid to compare Bond to Indy as they are apples to oranges.

Plus you can't really compare the last two Brosnan hits to the Indy films made in the Eighties because its unfair.

It's like comparing Matrix to Tron. Film advancements have been made in the Ninties that would kill the best effects that the trilogy could do using puppets and minatures.

I know a lot of people here are Bond fanatics but the Bond films were never really that good. Out of the couple dozen(?) or so ever Bond films that were made only a handful stand out as true classics. 1 out of every 5 or 6 good Bond films is a pale comparison to the Indy's 3 for 3 trilogy.

However, in terms of the written word, Bond books more than kick Indy's arse.

British_Lion_2003

well if there was 20 Indy's it would be the same.

Anyway Temple of Doom and Last Crusade arnt even that good. I like Last Crusade but Temple of doom is poor. Raiders is the only one out od all three that could be called class.

00Kevin

Indyfan
yes indeed, the novels were very real and cool...the films are great, but they did invent the kind of invincible hero Idea