Booby Traps

Hi Everyone,
Heres a question. What booby trap/s would you like to see in Indy4? I meen there have been some classic ones in the other films but can you think of anything new.
Personaly, I would love to see the ole room full of sand trap. Someone flips a switch or picks up an artifact off a pedestol and then all the exits close and sand starts to pour into the room.
Anyway what new traps can you think up?

Got Pi?

I can just see it now...

Jones walks into a dimly lit room. The small chamber seems harmless, with a gigantic golden statue in the middle of the room. Jones starts to walk across the room over to the opposite door. Jones feels his foot sink down into the ground just as he takes the first step. He looks down to see that he is standing in quicksand and sinking rapidly. "Damn..." Jones mutters under his breath. Just then he feels something speed straight past his head. The entire room erupts with spears shooting from the walls. Jones quickly pulls out his whip and snaps it around the statue?s left arm. He pulls back on the whip causing the statue to topple over, forming a makeshift walkway across the quicksand. Jones quickly pulls himself up onto the statue while dodging the spears still blasting out of the walls. Jones hears sickening grinding sound emanating from the ceiling which Jones notices is slowly closing in on him. "Oh sh**!" Jones yells just as the doors slowly start to close. Jones runs as fast as he can toward the exit. The ceiling is now only an inch away from the top of his head. Without second thoughts, Jones grabs one of the nearby spears, and jams it in between the ceiling and the statue, stalling it for just long enough for him to dive underneath the nearly-closed door and into the next chamber. Jones takes a sigh of relief and continues on.

I think it would make a great scene in the movie, but Ford might be too old to pull it off...but hopefully that won't happen.

Original Raider

The Indy trilogy is great for booby traps, but the best movie ever for that: Goonies. Spielberg (obviously using the Indy movies as a reference) put together a great set of traps and puzzles. Including the water slide one where the actors didnt even know what was going to happen. Goonies should be used as a guide for Indy 4 traps.

Ska

Booty traps...that what I said, booby traps...Data was great!

Love the sand idea, btw. I would personally like to see something w/ flames shooting at Indy while he's walking through a huge maze/labyrinth.

We also haven't seen any kind of pendulum or swinging type trap for Indy to time his way past.

EDIT: for spelling errors...

Last edited:

the Whip Master

Original Raider said:
The Indy trilogy is great for booby traps, but the best movie ever for that: Goonies. Spielberg (obviously using the Indy movies as a reference) put together a great set of traps and puzzles. Including the water slide one where the actors didnt even know what was going to happen. Goonies should be used as a guide for Indy 4 traps.

I love that film. It's brilliant, and yeah it was useing the Indy films for reference. Isn't the chinese guy in it Shorty from ToD?

Ska

All I know is that if this is THE Indy movie to end all Indy movies, then it needs THE trap/puzzle to end all traps/puzzles. Maybe something that incorporates fire, water, AND earth...

Last edited: