Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid Reboot

Is there scope (or demand) for a reboot?

I say there is. But then it is a germ of an idea. Of course we will never get as close to the 1969 classic screen presence that showed Robert Redford and Paul Newman as the lovable outlaws.

But with the likes of Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez or possibly even Clint Eastwood himself in the directors chair, we can get a sense of high noon tension with relentless sun glare, vultures, Winchesters and stolen gold bullion.

Throw Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon into the mix and we have dynamite box office attractions - as well as credible and talented actors. They played believable gun slingers in previous incarnations. And considering their pairing off in The Departed we know these boys bode well.

If another western is not your thing just remember without one half of the original silver screen duo we would never have seen the Sundance Film festival become a testing ground for new movies and studios to demonstrate their wares..And why couldn't Redford cameo too? He's still worth his salt lick.

Any thoughts..?

roundshort

Gekkos Big Baws said:
Is there scope (or demand) for a reboot?

I say there is. But then it is a germ of an idea. Of course we will never get as close to the 1969 classic screen presence that showed Robert Redford and Paul Newman as the lovable outlaws.

But with the likes of Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez or possibly even Clint Eastwood himself in the directors chair, we can get a sense of high noon tension with relentless sun glare, vultures, Winchesters and stolen gold bullion.

Throw Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon into the mix and we have dynamite box office attractions - as well as credible and talented actors. They played believable gun slingers in previous incarnations. And considering their pairing off in The Departed we know these boys bode well.

If another western is not your thing just remember without one half of the original silver screen duo we would never have seen the Sundance Film festival become a testing ground for new movies and studios to demonstrate their wares..And why couldn't Redford cameo too? He's still worth his salt lick.

Any thoughts..?

I will answer this with a quote from one of my top 3 favorite movies -

"One Problem, is STUPID! Is most Stupid Idea I have ever heard! HA!"

points if you know the quote, actor and movie. But really why mess with near perfection. HOLLYWOOD needs to stop rebooting, rehashing, and get original again. Please let this classic stay unmolested....

Now maybe make Butch Cassidy in Telluride....

Stoo

Gekkos Big Baws said:
Any thoughts..?
It was already "rebooted" by Hanna-Barbera in 1973...with better music than Burt Bacharach's. Check out the groovy, opening tune for a sample:

"Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-RjALTeULI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>