Campest Moment

bosco

Thought it was about time I posted on this board.

Just watched TOD today and when Indy releases Willie from the steel cage thingy he does the CAMPEST walk ever to the stones. It's as if he's walking on his tip toes.

So what are your campest moments in the trilogy?

Indyologist

I'm assuming you mean the most "campy" moment.

I think one line from LC is particularly campy:

"I'm like a bad penny-- I always show up." Somehow, I felt this line was a "miss" and more than a little lame on Indy's part. I'll bet it was an ad lib.

bosco

Indyologist said:
I'm assuming you mean the most "campy" moment.

I think one line from LC is particularly campy:

"I'm like a bad penny-- I always show up." Somehow, I felt this line was a "miss" and more than a little lame on Indy's part. I'll bet it was an ad lib.

No, No I mean "camp" as in a Graham Norton/John Waters kind of way.

Camp in the UK means acting flamboyantly or feminine like how a stereotypical gay person would. Its actually quite hard to explain.

Sorry but I dont know the equivalent word in the US.

Indyologist

bosco said:
No, No I mean "camp" as in a Graham Norton/John Waters kind of way.

Camp in the UK means acting flamboyantly or feminine like how a stereotypical gay person would. Its actually quite hard to explain.

Sorry but I dont know the equivalent word in the US.

Hmmm-- are you kidding, here boyo? If not, then that totally changes EVERYTHING!! :eek:

Indyologist

bosco said:
Thought it was about time I posted on this board.

Just watched TOD today and when Indy releases Willie from the steel cage thingy he does the CAMPEST walk ever to the stones. It's as if he's walking on his tip toes.

So what are your campest moments in the trilogy?

So, with the light being glaringly shed on what you mean by "camp," you think Indy's walk to the stones was, um, how do you say... a bit "lavender?" I didn't notice at all, myself. To me, Indy is the poster boy for masculinity-- and he's STRAIGHT as an arrow.

Straight as a board
Straight as a post
Straight as, well... as straight can be.

NOT at all like THIS...
King-Metal_queen.jpg

IndyBlues

Indyologist, you should be severely beaten with a wet noodle for making Indy look that way. Shame, shame.

Just kidding.

Actually Bosco, the way Indy walked had more to do with Harrison Fords recent back surgery that had to be performed mid filming, so altho it looks "campy", I think the dude was in alot of pain.

Cut the guy some slack. Sheesh!

;oP

I

Indy's_main_man

the campest thing i've ever seen is someone using the word campest

Gobi-1

I'd knew the scene was an homage to the movie musicals although I wasn't sure which one though.

theinfiniteweird

That's the funniest thing I think I've seen in a long time...but at the same time it makes me want to puke!

Camp and Indy don't mix, I don't see any campy moments.

Indyologist

Canyon said:
But, dahling. That's sooo last season!

LOL! Wonder how Indy would fare on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?" They'd probably be almost wetting their pants trying to get Indy to take his shirt off!

Okay, I'm feeling a little ill thinking about GUYS drooling over Indy! :sick:

Ska

Indy smokes?!

Okay, I'm just tryin' to keep my attention from the rest of the picture. Seriously, couldn't Indy purchase a nice Gucci man purse...er satchel for Indy IV?

"Campiest" Indy moment...let me think...

What kind of "real man" is scared of snakes? Or even better, would tell another man that he doesn't like snakes? That just screams "girly man."