Caption Contest 45

intergamer

And we're back with the Caption Contesting!!!

bsod.jpg

Well, good luck. It's a screenshot from all those wonderful Indiana Jones Windows Games. Post your captions.

:) Yeah, I know this one is a little ridiculous, but I'll make it short before I pick a winner - it wasn't supposed to be my turn anyway.

The rumors about a new Indy game were true!
...but Lucasarts became lazy and it was dubbed Indiana Jones and the Revenge of the Ancients 2.

Pale Horse

Staff member
(Thanks 00Kev, just steal it from the get go.... ):rolleyes:

Franticly, Darabont pounds away at the keyboard hoping to save the re-write of Indy IV...

Tennessee R

-- Hit any key to continue, or any other key to quit. --

-------------------------

=Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.=

-------------------------

"I suggest goose-stepping morons like yourself should try programming computers, instead of Hacking them!!"

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I am pleased to reveal the title of the up-and-coming Indiana Jones IV:

Indiana Jones and the Blue Screen of Death

westford

"Jeez, I spent all that time at university learning Latin, Greek, Mandarin and Sanscrit, but I still don't know what the heck this means..."

Finn

Staff member
<i>What the Barnett College did when they got fed up with Dr. Jones escaping through Windows.</i>

spohlso

When asked how they planned on fixing the code, Factor 5's lead programmer replied, "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

intergamer

Nobody really got the point that this is still supposed to be a screenshot of a game - just that the game has frozen. Oh well.

In third place:

Aaron H said:
I am pleased to reveal the title of the up-and-coming Indiana Jones IV:

Indiana Jones and the Blue Screen of Death

This one's only funny if you recognize Aaron's penchant for announcing Indiana Jones 'Spy Reports'.

In second place:

Raffey said:
"Do you know how to fix this thing?"

"NO.....do you?"

And the winner:

Originally posted by Pale Horse
Franticly, Darabont pounds away at the keyboard hoping to save the re-write of Indy IV...

Congratulations!

Oh, and Honorable Mention: Rumped Fedora, you were so close with the Revenge of the Ancients one, but I had to eliminate because it just doesn't make sense. A BSOD is not the same as a text-based adventure, and furthermore a text-based game wouldn't crash. You were right there though, with Lucasarts being lazy and something about text-based adventure.

Last edited:

Joe Brody

Intergamer,

I'm glad you ran with this one. It was creative and a good change-up to welcome everyone back. . . and of course a lot of people rose to the challenge. I cracked up a couple of times checking the entrants.

Last edited:

MP3

Unfortunately for Indy, this screen appeared before Truth Serum was invented. Had it been around, the message displayed would have been: "Press any key to continue, or press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. Then scream at the top of your lungs, smash the keyboard, and hurl your coffee mug into your monitor when neither of these options work." ;)