Caption Contest # 46

intergamer

"Harrison watches as his third stunt double crashes over the waterfall, a result of the paddle being too small to slide the boat across the apparently flat, solid water."

----------------------

Indy: "What a ridiculous situation this is. I'm falling over a waterfall while being stabbed by gigantic snowflake clone armies. Not to mention it seems that we have invented a new kind of air which fills boats into squarish shapes rather expanding to size of the container. Next they'll have sound in space! This is what happens when George Lucas gains too much control of the production."

I

Indy's_main_man

"It appears the boat has a big red pimple...lemme just *POP* uh oh!"

MP3

After Lucas described the dangerous "Rafting Over the Waterfall" scene to him, Harrison was finally convinced and agreed to let Lucas have it his way and do the scene with CGI, despite the fact that the CGI technology was not very advanced at the time.

<small>(Hence the blocky shapes)

Canyon

No sooner had Indy returned to The Raven, Canyon and her Indy girlfriends were back to their drooling...

"Forget this, I want to get to the part where the 'nocturnal activities' take place!"

"Times like this, I wish I'd kept that teaching job."

Indy decided that his pants were a shade too light, and thought that if he jumped in the river, it might make them look darker...

MP3

Canyon said:
No sooner had Indy returned to The Raven, Canyon and her Indy girlfriends were back to their drooling...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Forget it, I quit - we have a sure-fire winner!!! Good one, Canyon!

swords

"The manual did say paddle to the right if I wanted to avoid hazards to the left. Or..is that some kind of sick joke?"

I

Indy_Jones88

Darn, I knew I should have taken that right at albequerque.

(Sorry if i didnt spell the city right)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Okay everyone, it has been long enough. There were many fine entries So lets begin.

Coming in at 3rd, is:

westford said:
<song> "We all live in a yellow, uh, dinghy..." </song>

I love the Beatles and this was just clever.

2nd place goes to:

Canyon said:

If there aren't enough fliriting/girls only/drooling/pic threads for us to moderate, it isn't her fault. :p

And lastly in 1st place:

Aaron H said:
"Are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we'll all be dead!"
"Stop that rhyming, and I mean it!"
"Does anybody want a peanut?"
"Gaaa!"

Ooops, wait wrong movie...sorry.;)

He appealed to the judges love of movie quotes, and incorporated a brillant one to the caption. Mega Dittos Aaron H.

Honorable mention goes to Indy 88 who had a god nod to a favoriate cartoon character.

But I am disappointed that no one used that oft forgotten T.V. series, Land of the Lost.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
But I am disappointed that no one used that oft forgotten T.V. series, Land of the Lost.

Joe Brody said:
"Routine Expedition my *ss!!!"

[I'm dating myself with this one.]

[Jokingly] I demand a recount!?!

Talk about making a guy feel like Cha-Ka.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Slee Stacks unite, we have a rouge poster.

The "a**" part of that line threw me for a loop. My bad, Joe.

Joe Brody

It's nothing. I had to think twice about the "*ss" --- a word that I think has found it's way on to Network T.V., but I try to err on the side of caution.

. . . that Rick Marshall, now there was an Indy quality guy . . . .