Cate Blanchett in Indy IV

scifiwolf

WoodersonJM.jpg

"That's one thing I like about those Indy chicks - he keeps getting older, they just stay the same age. Yes they do, yes they do."

Great news on Blanchett.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
This news isn't certain yet. DreamWorks told me they are still in negotiations with Cate Blanchett for a part in Indy 4. She hasn't signed on yet but things look good.

Grizzlor

I'm not sure how she would be in this type of film, but I have always liked her work previously. And she has that 1940/50's look.

She's not to young to be a lover for Indy at all,she's perfect for an Indy flick,Im excited about this,I enjoy all of her work that she has done so far.Sweet mon,sweeeeet!:whip:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for your persistance, Gilles!

What this proves AGAIN for me is that I shouldn't trust any of the high rep industry outlets like Variety or HR much more than chud or aicn. So much on legitimate sources. People always tread aicn like a sinner in the world of film gossip when they report on rumors that don't turn out to be 100 % correct. None blames the big magazines if they simply state wrong things in their news. It just happened with Variety and now again with Hollywood Reporter. Why always blame the small underdogs? And why treating any rumor like the real big fat FACT thing in the first place? *sigh* In my opinion HR and Variety much more pretend to deliver all acurate news than aicn and chud who, writing more subjectively, tend to relativize their news by doing just that.

The most trustworthy thing is indeed, as you did it, to ask for official confirmation. (If you're lucky enough and THEY respond with an actual answer and not pure denial.)

San Holo

I saw the story on Entertainment Tonight a few hours ago-they made it sound pretty official. I can see Kate as the new Indy Girl- maybe his teaching assistant with "benifits". They could make have some fun with the whole age thing with that one.:whip:

jjkrogs

She'll play the Oracle of Delphi.

Or perhaps the Queen of Atlantis.

Or maybe she's a competing archaeologist, like Ms. Beloch.

Either way, I doubt she's a love interest OR Indy spawn.

Johan

jjkrogs said:
Either way, I doubt she's a love interest OR Indy spawn.
Why would you think that? I doubt she's a daughter. But EASILY a Love interest. Indy has to get the girl and Cate is no "no name" actress. Unless she's the new "mom in law" as the new wife (God forbid) of Sir Sean .

Zorg

ninepinejones said:
She's not to young to be a lover for Indy at all,she's perfect for an Indy flick,Im excited about this,I enjoy all of her work that she has done so far.Sweet mon,sweeeeet!:whip:

Oh yes! Blanchett would be perfect for an Indy film. Concerning her possible role, I'd guess it to be the love interest and/or possibly a academic collegue of Indy's. She's not too young for that!

If Blanchett signs on, I bet we can thank Spielberg. Having an Oscar winner as the director strangely seems to attract classy actors. (And actresses). :)

fedoraboy

And The fact that an actress of cates calibre is even considering the script bodes very well for the quality of the writing

jjkrogs

IndyJohan said:
Why would you think that? I doubt she's a daughter. But EASILY a Love interest. Indy has to get the girl and Cate is no "no name" actress. Unless she's the new "mom in law" as the new wife (God forbid) of Sir Sean .

I like her a lot, but let's face it-- she's just too classy for Indy. I will stand by my belief that she is involved in the supernatural element of the film, somehow.

Johan

jjkrogs said:
I like her a lot, but let's face it-- she's just too classy for Indy. I will stand by my belief that she is involved in the supernatural element of the film, somehow.

Ahh...but don't you think I would have slowed down a little bit in his old age. Perhaps his taste is more for classy mature women now...do I dare say it...What if Indy was married to her? How would that change our views of Indy 4. He would end up another Allan QUartermain

Gobi-1

Can anyone say "The African Queen?"

I think this adds fuel to the fire that Indy 4 could have an African Queen type storyline. Blanchette won an Oscar for playing Hepburn who starred in The African Queen with Humphrey Bogart. If you're going to have an African Queen type storyline and a Kathrine Hepburn type character Cate Blanchette would certainly be an excellent choice.

Last edited: