CinematiCritic blog & Indiana Jones

Dyland

Logo-for-sharing.png

I run a little personal media review blog (generally film reviews and entertainment news editorials) and recently added comics to the categories. Partially inspired by this forum's return, I decided that my first comic review should be Tomb of the Gods. So I dusted it off and gave it a re-read (or two) and scheduled the article for today.

If interested, you can read it here: CinematiCritic: Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods

I also recently did a retrospective on Atlantis: The Lost Empire's 20th anniversary, which can be read here: CinematiCritic: Atlantis at Twenty

Thought I'd share with this forum! :)

If I post any more Indiana Jones themed reviews, I'll be sure to link them here, too. I'm a big adventure fan, so I'm bound to get around to more! :)

(I posted sporadically, but frequently before the pandemic. Now that I've resurrected the blog, I'm trying for a three times a week: a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule)

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Lance Quazar

I remember hating, hating this dumb comic. That said, differences of opinion aside, I'm glad that you're getting some Indy-related content out there! More is always better!

But, man, that shark sequence was just soooo dumb. Whipping sharks. And they're saved by Marcus "swooping in" at the last minute with a "surprise" save.

Riiiiiight...because you could just totally "miss" a trawler slowing sailing towards you. They'd have been able to see it for at least an hour while it crept up on them.

Bleh. But that's a relatively minor nitpick in what was a pretty crummy book IMO.

:)

Next time, review "Indiana Jones Adventures Volume 1!" Now THAT was a fun book!

Dyland

Yeah, I think a lot of elements of the comic wouldn't translate well into live action/animation/elsewhere. In a comic book, you can sometimes get away with things you couldn't otherwise in another medium. It may be a little too over the top (like a lot of Indiana Jones expanded media, unfortunately) but I thought it was fun. :p

I've definitely got my eyes on getting the Indiana Jones adventures in the future! :)

Lance Quazar

Yeah, I think a lot of elements of the comic wouldn't translate well into live action/animation/elsewhere. In a comic book, you can sometimes get away with things you couldn't otherwise in another medium. It may be a little too over the top (like a lot of Indiana Jones expanded media, unfortunately) but I thought it was fun. :p

I've definitely got my eyes on getting the Indiana Jones adventures in the future! :)
Fair enough! I'll definitely be reading your next review!