Concerning Indy 4,What would you do......

AntiJones

Imagine this, the last Indy film was back in 1989 and by now your kids are in their teens or may be just old enough to like watching movies. After years of anticipation and finally, voila - Indy 4. You took them to see it. As you and your kids gone through the adventure and came out, what would you do if your kids tell you Indy 4 sucks and they never want to watch another adventure film again and swear to warn their friends about it?

A) Keep telling them or convincing them Indy is the best action adventure of all time and take them through the previous Indy trilogy movies and if possible Young Indy chronicles DVDs.

B) Sigh, but move on (What do the kids nowadays know about movie?)

C) Agree with them and face the fact that Indy 4 is not what it or yourself crack out to be.

D) Bribe them not to spoil the perfect hero image of whom you grew up (and still growing up) idolizing.

E) Disown them.

Finn

Staff member
E, of course.

Then again, who cares? My movie taste varies from my father's, and we're not on each other's throats. Can't help but find this question a little silly...

roundshort

Actually here is the real question,

When do you let our kids see the Indy movies. How old, I was 7 or 8 or so, and do you let them watch the triolgy first, then break them into the "new" (if)

Do you build it up as the greatest, or just say, "Hey you might like this" and let them make up their own minds (Not that any good parent wants to promote independent thought)

Garrett

AntiJones said:
Imagine this, the last Indy film was back in 1989 and by now your kids are in their teens or may be just old enough to like watching movies. After years of anticipation and finally, voila - Indy 4. You took them to see it. As you and your kids gone through the adventure and came out, what would you do if your kids tell you Indy 4 sucks and they never want to watch another adventure film again and swear to warn their friends about it?

A) Keep telling them or convincing them Indy is the best action adventure of all time and take them through the previous Indy trilogy movies and if possible Young Indy chronicles DVDs.

B) Sigh, but move on (What do the kids nowadays know about movie?)

C) Agree with them and face the fact that Indy 4 is not what it or yourself crack out to be.

D) Bribe them not to spoil the perfect hero image of whom you grew up (and still growing up) idolizing.

E) Disown them.

wow... you're weird. try leaving the fantasy world for awhile. comic books don't have all of the answers. sorry.

IAdventurer01

roundshort said:
When do you let our kids see the Indy movies. How old, I was 7 or 8 or so...

I was 2! :p (not too, but TWO) This is an interesting question considering I am in an age group under question of liking it. I think Jones still has alot of appeal to current generations, and even if 4 is bad,people will still attempt to watch the first 3 classics if they have not already.

IndyBuff

I think that, regardless of how well or poorly Indy IV turns out, the first three will always hold up. They have a timeless quality to them and I think people will always enjoy them.:)