Cowboys & Aliens

kongisking

I really want to see Ford say at one point, "GET OFF MY PLANET!"

Either that, or a reprise of "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Indy_Chic

kongisking said:
Daniel Craig jumping on a spaceship made me mentally scream "Holy ****!" Loved this trailer!

Post of the day! ;)

I hope we see another trailer soon at some point, the film is looking great so far.

Also, nice to you see you here, The Man! :)

The Man

Indy_Chic said:
Also, nice to you see you here, The Man! :)

Thank you, my Dear. But with two smoldering sex-puppies like Harry and Danny spanking alien ass, how could I possibly stay away? ;)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Orci on the Super Bowl trailer: "This is going to be one of the few truly original franchises out there." Franchise, probably meaning sequels. Favreau left Iron Man for something better. Whether Ford's character makes it to the next one is too much to spoil. ;)

Indy_Chic

Moedred you tease! But an interesting bit of info, thanks for sharing!

The Man said:
Thank you, my Dear. But with two smoldering sex-puppies like Harry and Danny spanking alien ass, how could I possibly stay away? ;)

Admit it, you've already booked your ticket to this film! ;)

Stoo

New Photo!

A Swiss magazine has a brief article on "Cowboys & Envahisseurs" ("Cowboys & Invaders"). It only starts on August 10th in Switzerland.:(

As many of you may already know, the story takes place in 1873 Arizona with Harrison Ford playing a 'mean colonel'. Most of the photos in the article are the same as posted in this thread but what some may NOT know is that there is going to be a flashback sequence in the film!;)

CowboysAliens_Flashback.jpg

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Can't tell if you were just setting up a joke for that pic, or if the article actually mentioned something.
:confused:
The flashback sequence is entirely a joke on my part (but there was, indeed, an article in a Swiss mag.).:p
Indy_Chic said:
That's really interesting about Harrison's work in Western films/shows early in his film career. Feel free to post a few screen caps about it if you'd like, Stoo. Thanks again! :hat:
Hi, Indy Chic. Here's Harrison from one of his appearances in "The Virginian" (1967) which I used for the fake flashback image above.;)

ModocKid_01.jpg

Captain Craig

I think this film has a real chance to be a breakout sleeper hit. It's got a great cast and lots of quality talent behind the cameras as well.

It took me a few viewings of the trailer to not think it odd seeing Harrison on a horse and in a different hat!! :cool:

Indy's brother

9 minutes of footage was shown at WonderCon, and there is a summary of what was seen here. There's some stuff in the article that's a bit "spoilery", so I'll let you decide for yourself whether you want to read more, rather than posting it here. The footage is not available online, nor will it be released, unless someone posts a bootleg video somewhere.

inky_skin

And if Mr Favreau is indeed an avid follower of TheRaider: get Harry in a room and get him to let you direct Indy 5...or at the very least feature the Indy ride in your new Disney adventure movie !

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
9 minutes of footage was shown at WonderCon, and there is a summary of what was seen here. There's some stuff in the article that's a bit "spoilery", so I'll let you decide for yourself whether you want to read more, rather than posting it here...
Our good friend, Le Saboteur, told me that he has seen "the alien" from the film but I don't wish to know anymore ('cause this is one film I don't want to spoil).:whip:

kongisking

That's pretty awesome that John Favreau visits our wonderful abode. I wish there were a way to talk to him on here! But he'd probably just ignore an eccentric poster like me...:rolleyes:

JackBurton

I think this will be a very entertaining movie. I like the fact that there is no comedy at all in the footage we've seen so far, really adds to the atmosphere. And it's good to see that movie and comic only share the premise of the story. In my opinion the comic was really bad (writing and drawing).

I'm not interested in this film in the slightest. Aliens are everywhere. It's a shame really, because Ford in a gritty western, (minus the syfy) alongside whats-his-face might have been interesting.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
I'm not interested in this film in the slightest. Aliens are everywhere. It's a shame really, because Ford in a gritty western, (minus the syfy) alongside whats-his-face might have been interesting.

Precisely my feelings. The comic book was dull for a start. A waste of a western! (Especially since it was a rare Harry western).

Dr.Sartorius

Rocket Surgeon said:

There's a lot of aliens in movies sure, but this movie is doing it in an original way, therefore I'm excited for it. This isn't going to be your average alien invasion movie.

A waste of a western! (Especially since it was a rare Harry western).

You're passing judgement on the movie before you've even seen it?

Montana Smith said:
Precisely my feelings. The comic book was dull for a start. A waste of a western! (Especially since it was a rare Harry western).
The gimmick is dull to me. More gagetry and lasers...ho hum.

I'd rather see more a more mysterious supernatural element. Superstitions and tension. I feel like Darth Vile more and more: eh a lame comic book movie.

I don't see how they can make it interesting...but we'll see.

Dr.Sartorius said:
There's a lot of aliens in movies sure, but this movie is doing it in an original way, therefore I'm excited for it. This isn't going to be your average alien invasion movie.
I'm constantly reminded of the sales pitches in "The Player."

The Graduate II !

It's not grabbed my imagination at all...more aliens.