Crystal Skulls on sale at Disney Store!

mdww

not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but i was at disneyland recently and noticed that the Indy store (opposite the IJ ride) were selling replica crystal skulls!! I'm sure they were not official indy merchandise but interesting to see.....

Niteshade007

Just out of curiosity, were they hollow skulls that you fill up with jewels and gold coins? Because I just saw those outside of Pirates of the Caribbean in Disney World, but I haven't seen these crystal skulls you're talking about.

I wonder if they are the same ones I have that come from Japan. I have a crystal type skull. I've never opened the box to really look at it though. I got it off of eBay a year or so ago.

mdww

no Niteshade, they had those too, but these were solid glass/crystal skulls just like i'd imagine them being the film.

mdww

San Holo said:
hows about a picture, or at least a link;)

sure, what would you like a picture of? ;)

but seriously, i didn't have a camera on me, but if anyone happens to go they were on the back wall on a shelf towards the right-hand side of the shop.

Michael24

Cool. I'm going to a concert at Downtown Disney on October 19, and will be going into Disneyland on the 20th. Can't wait to check them out. I just about always buy something from the Indy store. :)

Michael24

Okay, I went to Disneyland on Saturday as planned and bought one of the skulls. However, they were not being sold in the store with all the Indy merchandise. They were instead on the far side of the store right next door, situated among Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise. So clearly these are more tied to that than KOTCS since there were other pirate skulls nearby, including the larger "normal-looking" skull piggy banks someone else in the thread mentioned.

But still, they looked nice and are pretty heavy duty, so I bought one for $18. Here's a few pics. The third and fourth one I lit with a small flashlight just below camera frame to show how nicely it can light up.

My dad offered the suggestion of maybe building a small box to sit it atop of on a shelf, with a light in the box to light up the skull at nighttime, so we might explore that possibility soon. Made me start to wonder if the skull(s) in KOTCS will light up as well. :)

fixer79

Looks great, Mike! Congrats!

I wonder if they sell the crystal skulls in Disneyland Paris...
We were planning to go there in the near future.