Custom DVD Box Project: The Adventures of Indiana Jones *Young Indy Edition*

WeAreGoingToDie

Hi all! First time posting in this particular forum. I'm beginning a design project to create a DVD box for the four theatrical Indy Films in the style of the Young Indiana Jones boxes. Ideally, this box is to contain the recent single film releases as well as the upcoming Kingdom of the Crystal Skull DVD. I may also make a alternate version to store the additional Bonus Disc from the first DVD release. I'll post any developments in this thread for those interested.

Also, if anybody has ideas for characters and situations that could appear on the front of the box let me know. For example, the YIJ boxes feature 3-4 character head shots, a few action scenes and a location.

Below is another idea I've had which I may incorporate into the design. The Four film titles in the Raiders format, making them appear as episode titles in the Adventures of Indiana Jones.

logo2hj1.jpg

WeAreGoingToDie

Thanks! :hat:
I've been looking at vintage adventure film posters and had the idea. ALSO, it works well as all four films have great single words that pop well as a main title. For example Raiders, Temple, Crusade and Kingdom. Although, I did consider choosing 'Doom' to stand out, but it looked too much like the video game of the same name, plus Temple and Kingdom look great together. :whip:

Rather than the compass design on the back, I may let the film titles rest on the case background as though they were scraps of paper or clippings from pulp comics. We shall see...

WeAreGoingToDie

Just had some great ideas!

The Young Indy style cover will be a wrap around sleeve (covering the top, bottom, front and back) over the box which when the sleeve is removed will reveal Indy's journal (using the Lost Journal book cover for the design) the top and bottom will reveal the top of a book design like the Young Indy case. As for the inner box back, I had an idea to make the vintage film title designs seen above exist as newspaper clippings for movies, much like the design below:

momanddad.gif

Indy would have saved these in his journal with a note: "Should check these films out, need to spend some time off my feet and soak up some entertainment." ;)

Last edited: