Damn Fools ROTLA 12"

hemble

Hi All

This is a nice simple custom that I've wanted to do for a long time, I wanted to have the feel of Indy in the Drak Blue suit from ROTLA but also add my own touches to it. I decided to give him a Dark Blue pinned striped suit but making sure not to make the stripes to dominate.

The suit was given a wash over using watered down material glue and once dry was given 3 light coats of Dark Blue, and again once dry it was given a drybrush of a mix of Dark Blue and Off White to give it a little definition. The handkerchief in the breast was added as I liked the look of it and gave the whole figure that 30's feel.

The enevelope was added to the figure as I felt it needed something else in the dio, it was taken from the net and printed off and glued in place.

RECIPE
1: Body & Hands - The whole figure from head to toe is the SideShow Toys Indy body, except the hands which are from an old Star Trek AMT Scotty figure.

2: Head, Fedora and shoes - Are from Sideshows toys and the whiskers were sanded off to give Indy a shaven look and the head and Fedora were repainted as were the shoes.

3: Shirt & Suit - The shirt is from the Relic hunter and the suit is and old Playmates Start Trek suit, The suit has been modified to fit the SS body.

4: Base - The base is a small picture frame which I got from a craft shop for $2. The tiled floor I scanned from a 1/35 scale tiled floor I have and resized and altered to fit the base.

ss6.jpg

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

Ron

The_Raiders

It looks brilliant but one thing bothers me, are you going to paint the hat? :confused: Other than that I think its terrific!

muttjones

you should make a thread that links to every thread showcasing your model/dioramas. Maybe just a pic of each so we can see where you started and where you are today.

aJakeinthePlane

muttjones said:
you should make a thread that links to every thread showcasing your model/dioramas. Maybe just a pic of each so we can see where you started and where you are today.
That would be awesome. you make great customs.

hemble

Hi All

Carlos22 wrote

Good work, and very difficult,
Waiting to see more.

Cheers mate and more customs coming soon.

muttjones wrote

you keep churning them out. brilliant!

Thanks buddy glad you are enjoying them. And if the mods don't have a problem with me having a hemble custom section I'll have no problems starting it.

The_Raiders wrote

It looks brilliant but one thing bothers me, are you going to paint the hat? Other than that I think its terrific!

Always a pleasure mate thank you, The hat as been painted I was looking at the screencaps I took and it looked cleaner then usual so I painted it that way.

aJakeinthePlane wrote

That would be awesome. you make great customs.

Cheers mate glad you have been liking my work and will see what the mods say first.

Ron