Did he say... "libary"?

Indy~Annie

Peacock's-Eye said:
Ford has always had a soft, slurring delivery.
Always.

yes!!! i cant have the volume down on tv cause i cant hear what he says.:(

like one time the first time i saw witness my cousin was really crying!!! and mom told me to turn it down to where you couldnt hear nothing.:sick: and they wouldnt let me move to a different room:mad:

i always joke with my sister saying "we cant hear you speak up!!didnt your mother teach you to not slur your words.:p lol

nitzsche

Um, folks?

He clearly says "library". Anyone who says otherwise is either deaf or chewing on too much popcorn.

It's not a hard first 'R', but it's there.

fedoraboy

Raider S said:
He says libRary in Last Crusade, so the slip in Skull must be a communist plot to take over the world using improper pronunciation.

Have just watched Last Crusade and it sounded like Libary to me, in fact, he said it twice...

'Doen't look much like a libary' and
'the tomb s somewhere in the libary.'

Seems to me it's Ford's delivery, or it's a nice character continuity.

The only other alternative is that he's trying to develop a sense of homour, or I'm going deaf.

Benraianajones

It is just probably the way Ford pronounces it, big deal? I don't think so.

How ridiculous at posts saying, paraphrased - that just because Harrison pronounces a certain word, is another "indication why CS was a let down".

TheMutt92

The whole motorcycle scene is up on youtube. Didn't bother to watch it till I heard this discussion. While the sound quality of the vid wasn't the best, it did kinda sound like 'libary'.

eroc

Agent Spalko said:
Harrison slurs his lines so much in this film. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the initial stages on Alzheimers. Toking all that weed for the last 40 years has definitely affected him.

Where did you pull that one from? I've never heard of the correlation between smoking weed and Alzheimer's. Probably because you made it up.

Benraianajones

Some scorpions can bite, but they don't tend to be poisonous. Well, they are Sun Spiders/Wind Scorpions, not exactly like the ones in the film, may I add.