Did national treasure try to copy last crusade?

blueoakleyz

No doubt it tried to copy Indy overall but I mean with the father figure...

I mean.. oh god.. it's horrible.

and john voigt... ugh he is NO Sean Connery

Gear

Do you mean 1, 2, or both?

And no, I don't think they copied Indiana Jones nor Last Crusade, but certainly they were influenced.

Niteshade007

Yeah, the whole distant father thing has NEVER been explored before in a film. I think Indiana Jones is really the first time anyone ever thought to put it on film.

And shouldn't this be in the Film section? And I'm almost certain that there is a National Treasure thread already.

blueoakleyz

Niteshade007 said:
Yeah, the whole distant father thing has NEVER been explored before in a film. I think Indiana Jones is really the first time anyone ever thought to put it on film.

And shouldn't this be in the Film section? And I'm almost certain that there is a National Treasure thread already.

None of which matters to me, to be sure..

but yeah it may have been done before but it really looks like they looked at IJ and saw what was successful there

Indy~Annie

i didnt think National Treasure copied.....he's my 3rd fav actor.(#1.Harrison Ford,#2 Shia Labeouf,#3 Nikolas Cage <-think thats how you spell it...:S )

and i thought they seemed like 2 totally different movies...sort of.:p

ExpeditionJones

Indy~Annie said:
i didnt think National Treasure copied.....he's my 3rd fav actor.(#1.Harrison Ford,#2 Shia Labeouf,#3 Nikolas Cage <-think thats how you spell it...:S )

and i thought they seemed like 2 totally different movies...sort of.:p

It's Nicolas. Just making sure :whip:

I'm not a huge Nic fan or NT fan. I just stick with Indy. It seems most action/adventure films these days take lots of influence from Indy and other films like that.

Indy~Annie

ExpeditionJones said:
It's Nicolas. Just making sure :whip:

I'm not a huge Nic fan or NT fan. I just stick with Indy. It seems most action/adventure films these days take lots of influence from Indy and other films like that.

thanks.:) NICOLAS!!!! got it!!! hehe

yah true.......all adventure flims copy no doubt! Hats,Music,girls,outfit,plots...

but national treasure is so far the least copying.lol

INDY YOU RULE ALLLLL!!!! <3

TheMutt92

Indy~Annie said:
but national treasure is so far the least copying.

I would agree w/ that statement, mostly due to the fact that those films deal w/ American history and are more about solving mysteries and clues than action/adventure sequences. Which is why I really don't care for the endings of the NT movies (especially 'Book of Secrets'), they always seem forced and completly different from the rest of the film.

Forbidden Eye

The only times both movies ever remind me of Indiana Jones in the end when they find their own "MacGuffin" in dark and hidden caves and tunnels etc.

Aside form those scenes, the movies were much more influenced(i.e. "copied") by The Da Vinci Code.

Nurhachi1991

National Treasure sucked so bad............ Nick Cage is one of the worst actors in HollyWood I swear he is the same monotone character in every movie

I think the dollar bill is trying to tell me something.............

Way to show some excitment there Nick

Indy~Annie

Nurhachi1991 said:
National Treasure sucked so bad............ Nick Cage is one of the worst actors in HollyWood I swear he is the same monotone character in every movie

I think the dollar bill is trying to tell me something.............

Way to show some excitment there Nick

:eek: you hate him and his movies?!!??!?!