• Colonel Dietrich

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Colonel Vogel

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Colonel Dovchenko

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
Kooshmeister said:
As for Vogel having been an athlete, I'd have to re-check his page, but it might have been sourced from the Ultimate Guide or something. I do know for a fact his first name Ernst is canon; it's in the comic, it just went unnoticed/unrecognized for years.
He does wear an SA sports badge throughout the film. It was probably awared a decade or so earlier, since he is does not appear to be much of an athlete at all in the film.

Indy Scout 117

well, as for the Nazis, Vogel was the most fearsome colonel. Dietrich was a chump...didnt do much, at least compared to Vogel. Vogel would get in a fistfight while Dietrich seemed like he would make someone else (like the German Mechanic :p) do the fighting for him...but Dovchenko was the toughest hands down.

oki9Sedo

Corporal Kruger said:
Vogel's elite SS training would whip Dovchenko's brute force anyday.

I don't know.....training can only get you so far when you're dealing with somebody with 50lbs of muscle more than you.

In any case, I'm sure Dovchenko's as well-trained - he's obviously an elite Colonel, given that he was chosen to infiltrate Area 51 and find the Crystal Skull.

indyj0nes

with weapons and distractions vogel would kick @$$, but in a fair fight with dovchenko he would get owned. diertritch would be ripped in two by dovchenko and just shot or something by vogel.

oki9Sedo said:
You said Vogel was trying to rape Indy, I was joking that it was the leather jacket that made him give in to his urges, given that its sexy and all that.
Ah, yes. You are absolutely right. The Standartenführer does love his leather.

Montana Smith

Von Stalhein said:
Ah, yes. You are absolutely right. The Standartenführer does love his leather.

He's very fond of his black leather gloves.

184.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

326.jpg

In a fist fight my bet's on Dovchenko.

Montana Smith said:
He's very fond of his black leather gloves.

260.jpg
One may wonder why he and the gloved Gestapo officer arrived to the zeppelin so late. Were they busy in the mensroom?

Montana Smith said:
In a fist fight my bet's on Dovchenko.
And in a glove slapping fight?

Montana Smith

Von Stalhein said:
One may wonder why he and the gloved Gestapo officer arrived to the zeppelin so late. Were they busy in the mensroom?

Maybe they first met in the Sturmabteilung?

Von Stalhein said:
And in a glove slapping fight?

In that case Vogel would win hands down!

Kooshmeister

Von Stalhein said:

I assume they were elsewhere at the airport and not late to the zeppelin so much as rushing to it after having just been told Indiana and Henry were seen going aboard. Why they didn't already have any guys stationed aboard, though, in case the Joneses slipped past the oh-so-secure perimeter of people handing out fliers in the lobby is anyone's guess.

Definitely Dietrich or Vogel. I think Vogel would win because he gets involved with fights a lot. Because I mean, he was literally kicking butt during the desert chase sequence.

The Drifter

FanRegularToht said:
Definitely Dietrich or Vogel. I think Vogel would win because he gets involved with fights a lot. Because I mean, he was literally kicking butt during the desert chase sequence.

You just won some Drifter points!

The Drifter

Attila the Professor said:
I don't think anyone gets points for suggesting Dietrich might win in a fight, although I do agree with you about Vogel's overall cussedness.

She assumed Vogel would be the overall victor, which is the reason why I awarded her Drifter Points.
She losses some for even suggesting Dietrich, so overall she gets 70/100 points.

oki9Sedo

Vogel???

He actually failed to defeat Indy using a shovel, metal chain, and while he was being attacked by other soldiers. Indeed, he failed to defeat Indy while attacking him from behind as Indy was trying to reel his father in with the whip, delivering the two weakest kidney punches I've ever seen.

Meanwhile, Dovchenko slams Indy to the ground repeatedly so badly that Indy raises his arm to beg for mercy, and it takes a bloody wooden log to knock him out.

FanRegularToht said:
He was using an organ quite different from his patent leather riding booted feet to literally "kick" the butt of his enemy however.
oki9Sedo said:
Vogel???

He actually failed to defeat Indy using a shovel, metal chain, and while he was being attacked by other soldiers. Indeed, he failed to defeat Indy while attacking him from behind as Indy was trying to reel his father in with the whip, delivering the two weakest kidney punches I've ever seen.
He didn't pour all of his effort into neutralizing his enemy as quickly as possible and instead couldn't restrain himself from extracting pleasure from his position relative to the enemy during his attacks from behind. He should instead have surrounded himself with more competent men to scream commands at, who would have incapacitated Jones so that the Standartenführer could have pleasured himself in a more secure situation.

Last edited: