Disappointed with Emperor's Tomb

whipem

Fate of Atlantis is <i>definitely<i/> the best Indy game. IM is a hit-or-miss game, you like it or hate it (I liked it). ET is more like the films than IM, with some great action sequences and finally lets the whip be useful!

Finn

Staff member
FoA all the way.

You're right, Aussie - both IM and ET were not bad games, but they weren't great either. Both are playable though. We could say that while IM had huge levels full of exploring and booby traps, it lacked when it came to the action part. ET fixed this... but in the meantime it wrecked the athmosphere IM had. What lacks in one game is great in the other and vice versa.

mayhew7

i havent played Emperor's Tomb mainly because it wouldnt run on my pc and people who i know who have played it on the PS2 said it was ok but nothing special

the best indy game by far is the Fate of Atlantis but i do like the Infernal Machine a lot but it does seem a bit buggy in a few places but over its good fun :)

Canyon

I thoroughly enjoyed Emperor's Tomb and even now, I find myself going back and playing on it.

I think that one of the major things I love about the game is Indy himself. Compared to Infernal Machine, Indy really does look like the Indy from the movies, and definately bears a striking resembalnce to Harrison in Temple of Doom. If you face a wall and turn the camera around to face Indy, the likeness of his face and clothes are exact, right down to the last detail. I also love the voice of Indy, which, in my opinion sounds a helluva lot like Harrison's! This can be heard especially when Indy says "I'm gonna be a rich man, if I ever make it out alive."

I love the fighting system and I absolutely LOVE using a whip, especially when I crack it at the bad guys and reel them in, or use it to disarm weapons! That is too cool! Of course, theres nothing cooler than being able to just use your fists to fight the bad guys. This game has to be the closest that we'll ever get to feeling like we are Indiana Jones.

Lastly, the scenery is stunning, and the music is just as good as that of John Williams.

All in all, a pretty stunning game.

BTW, for us girls, Indy looks pretty hot!!!

Indyologist

Canyon said:
BTW, for us girls, Indy looks pretty hot!!!

Amen to that, Canyon! I'll admit that while I play ET I turn the camera to get a close up of Indy and I'll wave to him and say, "Hey, Indy baby! Lookin' good honey! Woo hoo!" This is usually followed by blowing kisses at him.

So now I'm blowing kisses at a TV screen.

(Sigh) I need a man.

Finn

Staff member
Indyologist said:
I need a man.
...now, have a good look at your description above this sentiment. Then, think <i>very</i> carefully why you don't have one.

Indyologist

Finn said:
...now, have a good look at your description above this sentiment. Then, think <i>very</i> carefully why you don't have one.

Finn, Finn, Finn. You're as lost as an ark in a government warehouse... ;)

Johan

Do you think they could have put more effort into the game...or were they out just to capitalize on the fans?

LASTCRUSADER

Personally I felt the game could have used more puzzles to solve, instead of just running around fighting bad guys and whipping accross things. I think they could have done a better job making a game that involed thinking as well as having great fight scenes. Oh and using the whip of course.

Johan

I like the idea of having puzzles and using your brain. There were a few but they were very easy.

Johan

Why? Look at last crusade...Indy had to solve the riddles. Perhaps puzzles is not the best word...would you like riddles?

Katarn07

This game is excellent! I agree with everything Canyon said. Save for the hot Indy thing.... Haha. Of course, I don't have FoA or IM to compare it to.

1st Person Indy? How would that work out? Certainly not a FPS. Maybe an adventure or RPG but not an action game at all....

Canyon

Indyologist said:
Amen to that, Canyon! I'll admit that while I play ET I turn the camera to get a close up of Indy and I'll wave to him and say, "Hey, Indy baby! Lookin' good honey! Woo hoo!" This is usually followed by blowing kisses at him.

So now I'm blowing kisses at a TV screen.

(Sigh) I need a man.

Oh yes!

On many occasions, I've been known to turn the camera around and gaze adoringly at Indy!

I love the fact that Indy looks really close to Harrision and the most interesting thing of all is that Indy looks so damn hot in that Nazi uniform! Woot!

lv6-14.jpg