Disposition of KOTCS vehicles?

Goonie

I'm just wondering, what has become of the vehicles that were used in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? In storage? On display? In Hangar 51, never to be seen again?

Are any going to make their way to any of the Disney parks like the LC tank? It would be great to see the Jungle Cutter somewhere on display.

Goonie

Sometimes I wonder why they auction the stuff off. I don't know why they don't retain them for other movies or future productions. Especially the stuff that may be harder to find in the future.

Montclaire

With all of the parts they reproduce for ww2 style jeeps, it's a wonder you can't get parts for the GPAs/GAZs - you can practically build an MB out of a catalog these days.

One of the issues with the original 'seeps' was a tendency to swamp out, probably due to the weight - a reproduction tub, in lightweight aluminum or fiberglass, would probably make these a lot more sea worthy.

GPAs do come up for sale occassionally, but even ones in really rough shape go for 20-30k. Restored you're looking at 90k or more. There seem to be a number of these in Europe and Australia, but then you have to pay to have it shipped, too. They're hard to find state side.

I'm curious if the ones made for the film were actually amphibious or if they had a special one for that purpose. I'm also wondering what kind of base chassis they used. Original seeps had the boat tub, into which a stubby frame and drive train was bolted, and the axles I guess were sealed to the outside of the tub.

Col. Detritch

Hey Rocket Surgeon, thabnks for the link. Thats one fine military jeep, did that sound a little odd, anywhey, it looks really good. I'm surprised Mr Speilburg is that wasteful, destroying props so that they can't be sold for profit. i'm not to sure thats all true but what-the-hay:confused:
Does anyone have anything on what they did with the Jungle Cutter? Because I know they built one. That would be sweet to own!:hat:

1931 Roadster from Crystal Skull Auction

Premiere Props auctioning 1931 Roadster from ?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.?Reply to all
Forward
Reply by chat
Filter messages like this
Print
Add to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Report not phishing
Show original
Show in fixed width font
Show in variable width font
Message text garbled?
Why is this spam/nonspam?
Reply |P dePoortere to Ed
show details 2:26 PM (7 minutes ago) Reply

Premiere Props and Ted Moser of Picture Car Warehouse announced that
they have partnered to auction off over 100 cars as well as hotrods
featured in Hollywood movies and television shows from the Picture Car
Warehouse collection. Also included in the auction will be costumes
and props from some of today?s hottest films! A donation from the
auction will be made to the Entertainment Industry Foundation, one of
the leading charitable organizations of the entertainment industry.

? 1931 Roadster from ?Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the
Crystal Skull.? Roadster has automatic transmission, black exterior
and red interior.

The auction will be held on Saturday, August 15th at Los Angeles
Center Studios, at 450 S. Bixel Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017. A
preview of the items will take place from 9am ? 11am and the auction
is scheduled to open at 11am. Premiere Props will also have a 3 camera
LIVE broadcast show.

Fans can also place live bids online at http://www.icollector.com/ or
http://www.remotebidder.com with the preview beginning August 15th at
9am and the live auction starting at 11am. For more information,
please visit http://www.premiereprops.com/ or call (310) 322-PROP /