Do these stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden?

Lance Quazar

No, because there's no such thing.

However, the article refers to Eden only in a metaphorical sense, so in that regard, the theory seems to make sense.

Nurhachi1991

Lance Quazar said:
No, because there's no such thing.

However, the article refers to Eden only in a metaphorical sense, so in that regard, the theory seems to make sense.

Who are you to say that?

Well I'm an archaeologist and an historian and I say the same thing :whip:

In a biblical sense anyway, woman being created from mans ribs, that sorta thing, but as a folk memory as this article pertains (and I agree with) it is far more interesting. The adoption of farming, for whatever reason... This site is pretty amazing though, it seem to be a physical mark in time. Its existence suggests settlement, yet what it depicts shows that such settlement had only just began. Amazing. This temple would by the necessity of its creation destroy what it worships. Now thats a cruel paradox if ever I saw one. Interesting parralels with ancient peruvian cultures who were just as sharply influenced by climate change, except in their case it was from El Nino, it pushed them towards human sacrifice too. From the peace of Caral to the sacrifice of Sechin and the various perambulations beyond..

Last edited:

Indy Byrd

The article was very intriguing, but I agree with Pale Horse on this one. I don't believe this the Garden of Eden, a remarkable find by any means, but not Eden.

If my memory serves me correct, ( and I am waiting for Biblical skeptics to bash me on this) but doesn't it say when Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden that God sent a angel with a flaming sword to guard it's entrance?
(double checked myself, and it says it in Genesis 3:24)

I, personally don't believe man will ever find Eden, but I am not one to condem any one for his/her beliefs. If one believes this is Eden, then more power to them. This is just my opinion.

Pale Horse

Staff member
There is a difference in 'was' Eden, or 'is' Eden. I agree Eden doesn't exist on Earth, but it did.

Lance Quazar

Pale Horse said:
There is a difference in 'was' Eden, or 'is' Eden. I agree Eden doesn't exist on Earth, but it did.

Well, actually, it's at the center of the galaxy, beyond the Great Barrier.

Yes Lance, but what would Adam want with a starship?

But seriously guys, I expected more in depth discussion then this, this is a find of great archaeological significance, and ye're just talking about weather or not you believe in a metephor the article uses. Its like a discussion about a giant shark referred to by the media as 'jaws' where the discussion consists mainly of 'yeah but jaws was killed in the movie'

Think about it, the oldest temple structure known... thousands of years older then anything else... a temple whose construction doomed that which it represented...

I for one don't believe in Eden, I did once upon a time. Though that doesn't mean I disrespect people who do. I respect belief, even if I don't share it. But this isn't about the Bible, its about Archaeology

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Yes, all glibness and mythology aside, it is truly a remarkable discovery. I have only the chance to read a little bit about the site, but it really is revolutionary in its implications. That a hunter gather society would create architecture of this sophistication is nothing less than astonishing.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Jeremiah Jones said:
Think about it, the oldest temple structure known... thousands of years older then anything else... a temple whose construction doomed that which it represented...

Doomed, by it's own construction? Esplain...or sum up. I don't have enough facts in my arsenal to comment beyond my theological studies.

Finn

Staff member
Junior Jones said:
The Garden of Eden is long gone. It would have been wiped out like the rest of the world in Noah's Great Flood.
I kind of have hard time figuring out if this message implies the past existence of both, or none.

Well from my reading of the article it seems it was constructed by one of the first ever groups of people to come together to form a social unit, for the purposes of farming, as such a monument couldn't have been constructed by one man. The carvings on the monument depict an 'Eden like' environment, which they were obviously quite fond of, so by coming together as a group, to build this monument, while enaging in argriculture they destroyed what they worshipped, the Eden like landscape around them. So for them to build the monument the celebrate the landscape, they had to form a collective unit, which itself destroyed the landscape. Which you have to admit it beyond ironic

RedeemedChild

Pale Horse said:

I'm thankful to see someone has more insight than the supposed "archeologist" who "think" they've found the Garden of Eden.

According to a wonderful book called Patriarchs and Prophets the Garden of Eden was raptured from Earth by God just before the The Great Deluge destroyed the antediluvian world.

Furthermore the book of Revelation speaks of objects being seen in Heaven by Saint John the Revelator and among the things that he sees are objects from the Garden of Eden including the Tree of Life. Christ also says that "he that overcometh" shall eat of the "Tree of Life." Skeptics and scientist waste time hunting for things that they shall never find. They are so faithless that they refuse to believe the simple truths of the Bible and yet they are eager to believe the words of mortal men like Charles Darwin, they are eager to believe in supposed "millions of years".

Below is an excerpt from the Patriarchs and Prophets regarding the effects of the fall of mankind, the banishment from Eden and the current location of Eden:

In humility and unutterable sadness they bade farewell to their beautiful home and went forth to dwell upon the earth, where rested the curse of sin. The atmosphere, once so mild and uniform in temperature, was now subject to marked changes, and the Lord mercifully provided them with a garment of skins as a protection from the extremes of heat and cold.

As they witnessed in drooping flower and falling leaf the first signs of decay, Adam and his companion mourned more deeply than men now mourn over their dead. The death of the frail, delicate flowers was indeed a cause of sorrow; but when the goodly trees cast off their leaves, the scene brought vividly to mind the stern fact that death is the portion of every living thing.

The Garden of Eden remained upon the earth long after man had become an outcast from its pleasant paths. The fallen race were long permitted to gaze upon the home of innocence, their entrance barred only by the watching angels. At the cherubim-guarded gate of Paradise the divine glory was revealed. Hither came Adam and his sons to worship God. Here they renewed their vows of obedience to that law the transgression of which had banished them from Eden. When the tide of iniquity overspread the world, and the wickedness of men determined their destruction by a flood of waters, the hand that had planted Eden withdrew it from the earth. But in the final restitution, when there shall be "a new heaven and a new earth" (Revelation 21:1), it is to be restored more gloriously adorned than at the beginning.