Do you plan to customize or build a diorama for your Sideshow Indy?

deckard24

I'm curious as to what all you collectors plan to do with your Sideshow 12" Indy? Obviously display it, but do you have any other plans like building a diorama for it, customizing it, or taking the extra hatless head and maybe making a Prof. Indy out of it? Granted the Prof. Indy would depend on if you could find the right body and outfit from another 12" figure, but still it could be a great cheaper alternative while we wait for one hopefully from Sideshow.

I know there are some seriously creative collectors out here, so what are all your plans?

The_Raiders

Well, if I had the right suplies and stuff I would make a diarama. If I did I'd have no place to put one. But I think I'll just keep mine on a shelf with his stand. I was acually disapointed to find that a hat was permanatly attached to a head, I was hoping it would be removable :(

barranca

I've got 3 on order from a UK supplier. The exclusive will stay boxed. The 1st standard is for display. The second is to customise/improve on. I have on order all the bits and bobs I'm gonna need to take this figure up several levels. Plus I intend to use the second head for another custom of H.F.

deckard24

The_Raiders said:
Well, if I had the right suplies and stuff I would make a diarama. If I did I'd have no place to put one. But I think I'll just keep mine on a shelf with his stand. I was acually disapointed to find that a hat was permanatly attached to a head, I was hoping it would be removable :(
Yeah I was hoping for a removable hat too, but I'm just psyched to be getting an extra hatless head. I've never really built a diorama, but I'm seriously thinking of it. You got any suggestions?

deckard24

barranca said:
I've got 3 on order from a UK supplier. The exclusive will stay boxed. The 1st standard is for display. The second is to customise/improve on. I have on order all the bits and bobs I'm gonna need to take this figure up several levels. Plus I intend to use the second head for another custom of H.F.
Tell me more about your custom H.F., and how you plan to improve the standard figure?

The_Raiders

deckard24 said:
Yeah I was hoping for a removable hat too, but I'm just psyched to be getting an extra hatless head. I've never really built a diorama, but I'm seriously thinking of it. You got any suggestions?

Well I'm not sure if I'm the person you should be asking for tips on making diaramas, mabe Hemble. I'm not sure what I'll do with the hatless head, I plan on keeping the on with the hat on, on the body. I'l find some use for it ;)

barranca

I basically plan to take it as 'high spec' as I can. Replacing straps with real leather, belts too. Unless they already are. Leather lacket, aged and weathered. Newline boots. Real leather whip with wire interior to pose. Weathering to clothes. Upgrade guns to metal replica. May tweak the paint too. Custom base/stand.
The second head I'll use to do a Jones 'teacher figure'. Been wanting to do that one for ages now. Now have the correct head.
Plan to use the Sideshow Giles outfit, with 1/6 glasses (I made 2 pairs of ages back when I did a Henry Jones figure).

Last edited:

The_Raiders

barranca said:
The second head I'll use to do a Jones 'teacher figure'. Been wanting to do that one for ages now. Now have the correct head.

Wow! That's a very good idea. Mabe I'll use my extra head ans make an Indy in greman desquise using hasbros new 12 greman/soviet (don' know what) figure

deckard24

barranca said:
I basically plan to take it as 'high spec' as I can. Replacing straps with real leather, belts too. Unless they already are. Leather lacket, aged and weathered. Newline boots. Real leather whip with wire interior to pose. Weathering to clothes. Upgrade guns to metal replica. May tweak the paint too. Custom base/stand.
Plan to use the Sideshow Giles outfit, with 1/6 glasses (I made 2 pairs of ages back when I did a Henry Jones figure).
That sounds awesome man! I don't know the first thing about customs, but if you have any pics of ones you have done I'd love to see them. Also, would you ever sell a custom you made? Lastly, what's a Giles figure?

Yeah The_Raiders, Hemble is the man when it comes to customs and dioramas, I'll have to get his advice as well!

Thanks guys for the feedback!:hat:

The_Raiders

Hey dack, a few of my custo mIndy stuff is on this site, just look up my custom junk and you'll find it, I added some more pics today. ;)

barranca

deckard24 said:
Lastly, what's a Giles figure?
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2019_press06-001.jpg
Sorry Sideshow Rupert Giles from Buffy, very similar suit.
I never sell my customs & I only ever make one of each, currently I have 6 Custom versions of Indy in my collection each one with a different headsculpt and a Custom Horse with a 1/6 leather saddle. A Henry Jones Custom, a Custom Sallah and a 1/6 Custom Ark.
My rule is if I can't find it I make it.

The_Raiders

barranca said:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2019_press06-001.jpg
Sorry Sideshow Rupert Giles from Buffy, very similar suit.
I never sell my customs & I only ever make one of each, currently I have 6 Custom versions of Indy in my collection each one with a different headsculpt and a Custom Horse with a 1/6 leather saddle. A Henry Jones Custom, a Custom Sallah and a 1/6 Custom Ark.
My rule is if I can't find it I make it.

Awesome, can you post any pics? (y)

Katarn07

For $90, there's no way I'm messing with trying to customize him!

If I had the room and resources, I'd make a diorama. But sadly, I don't.

deckard24

Katarn07 said:
For $90, there's no way I'm messing with trying to customize him!

If I had the room and resources, I'd make a diorama. But sadly, I don't.
Yeah he's pricey so I'm not touching mine either, but a diorama is a possibility. Maybe I'll make something small to represent the temple in the beginning of Raiders, some greenery, moss, and stone to place around the stand he already comes with.

As for making a Prof. Indy out of the extra head, I'll wait on that until we have complete confirmation that there won't be a Sideshow version!

Mr. Fusion

I think The_Raiders has a great idea about making a German disguise Indy. I doubt that the new Hasbro 12" Nazi figure would have an accurate outfit, but there are hundreds of other pre-WWII and WWII German soldiers by Dragon and other companies. I'd do some research on the specific outfit before I made one. But that's definitely a possibility.;)

Maybe.Not Today

I think I'm just going to proudly display mine, although I might put some fake moss around the base he comes with like I did with my gentle giant/disney indy.

Billy Ray

Over at Sideshowfreaks someone found this at Target...I'd like to find something like it:

IndyDio.jpg

And someone else posted this from Triad Toys. Pretty cool,

520.jpg

Katarn07

Billy Ray said:
Over at Sideshowfreaks someone found this at Target...I'd like to find something like it:

IndyDio.jpg

And someone else posted this from Triad Toys. Pretty cool,

520.jpg

Now that's classy!

I actually have a very screen accurate custom Raiders Indy. If I had a body for this new head, I'd do a swap job.