Doc's Indiana Jones blurb

DocWhiskey

I like this guy. ;)

I was wondering if anyone from here would catch that. I didn't want to post it here because it was kind of personal and I'd feel a bit pompous for some reason if I did.

But I'm glad someone else found it nice enough to share.

The Drifter

It was a great read. Very well written. I've went to that site for years, and I can honestly say that your article was one of the best that I've read from there. And, plus it hit a chord with me.

lao che & sons

Very Very well written Doc!!(y) This is really a great story of indy fandome. I however became a fan in a good time, right after KOTCS I'm part of a generation where Indiana jones isn't dead and there are other fellow fans to share the passion we all have for Indiana Jones. I just wish I could've expierienced the huge wave of Indy merchandise in May and not August. :rolleyes:

Wow, Doc. Absolutely incredible stuff. It's amazing how closely your Indy experience aligns with mine.

I'm definitely going to direct people's attention to your terrific writeup on the Indy-Cast this week. What a sincere story of Indy fandom!

Thanks for writing it.

Darth Vile

Great read DocWhiskey. :)

Underneath the debates and arguments around which Indy movie is best/worst etc. etc., we all share that connection to a series of movies, that are best first experienced prior to adulthood.

Having seen the movies in the order they were released, I was interested in your take on TLC as your introduction. From your article, it sounds like you saw TLC as a natural opener to the series?

DocWhiskey

Yes, LC was the first Indy film I'd ever seen. I seen LC, then RotLA, and lastly ToD. I figured since LC started off with him as a child it must've been the 1st. A few days later when I seen RotLA my grandmother told me the order they went in.

LC was my favorite growing up. Then when I was in my late teens it was Raiders. Now it seems to be ToD. It changes every so often. I seen LC on friday on the big screen and I thought once more it might be my favorite. So who knows lol. I just love them all. Yes. Even KOTCS.

But I figured I'd leave the article at that and not turn it into an Indy 4 debate. I just wanted to remind people what a great character Indy is.

I'm glad everyone's enjoying this article btw

IAdventurer01

Very nice read!

Growing up for die-hard Indy fans must have at least some parallels, because the description of your childhood "antics" might have well been my own.

Watching the movies a bajillion times, Stunt shows for parents/Grandparents, and just pretending to be Jones (I loved power-outages at night. They were the one time the house was nice and dark before I had to go to bed so I could set up "traps" and other such things to make it seem like I was exploring some ancient temple.)

Good times, and I'm overjoyed that apparently others had them too. (y)

AlivePoet

It's a fun read all around, and tingles with that excitement only Indy fans will be able to resonate with. Well done!

Btw, it is a funny thing that you watched the movies backwards in order of their chronology. That's actually the order I saw them in, too.

The Drifter

What? I get no kudos for posting the link to the article?
I am kidding of course!! All hats (or fedoras?) off to Doc for writing this wonderful writeup about my favorite series of movies.

Gear

AlivePoet said:
Btw, it is a funny thing that you watched the movies backwards in order of their chronology. That's actually the order I saw them in, too.

Huh. Come to think of it, Last Crusade was the first one I watched as well.

Robyn

Doc, that was really excellent... This may sound lame but it almost brought tears to eyes, now that was a good read:hat:

QBComics

Fantastic article. Loved the bit with the caps at the end.

DocWhiskey said:
One event that sticks out the most for me was the day I watched "Temple of Doom" for the 3535346645 time and I wore my fedora, closed my garage door, and tried to slide under it like Indy. My hat even fell off like in the movie.

Except you know the part where he grabbed it in the nick of time?

Yeah, I didn't. I ended up being rushed to the emergency room with a fractured arm.

Totally worth it.

(y) Awesome. It if weren't for censors, I'd do this everyday. (Of course now I just hum the Ark theme when it's opening, as if it were Area 51. ;-) )

You're an animator are you? Very cool. What college did you go too? I'm thinking of either working in comics or animation, but not yet decided.

DocWhiskey

Glad you liked it, QB.

And I go the the Illinois Institute of Art. I got my BFA in Media Arts and Animation and I'm going there currently to also get my BFA in Game Art and Design seeing as they're so similar.