DoD Awards Possibilities ?

FordFan

Look, I get it if Dial wasn't everyone's cup of tea. But worst of the year? Worst screenplay?

It just comes off as ironically pandering to angry hyperbolic nerds. The film was mid at worst.
Between the Cannes screening and the wide release, everyone was being told, “Lower your expectations and you’ll enjoy it.” When that’s the key to enjoying this film… place little expectations on it… don’t compare to the OT… just enjoy the ride… it’s not especially great news.

I’m glad that there are some people here who loved it. But an argument could easily be made without hyperbole that the film was worse than mid.

Dr.Jonesy

Between the Cannes screening and the wide release, everyone was being told, “Lower your expectations and you’ll enjoy it.” When that’s the key to enjoying this film… place little expectations on it… don’t compare to the OT… just enjoy the ride… it’s not especially great news.

I’m glad that there are some people here who loved it. But an argument could easily be made without hyperbole that the film was worse than mid.
You're missing the point. None of that qualifies it for worst screenplay or worst sequel in a year riddled with far worse.

But I didn't lower my expectations and I loved it.

FordFan

The biggest reaction to DOD was not hyperbolically angry nerds, nor people who loved it. But honestly, people who were apathetic and could take it or leave it. There’s something really sad about that.

michael

But honestly, people who were apathetic and could take it or leave it. There’s something really sad about that.

the only consistent reaction i've seen from the general audience that hasn't bought into any of the angry nerd hype.

me personally, the surprise of arriving in ancient Greece was worth the price of admission. I feel like i haven't seen that sorta twist in a film in a long time, so it was refreshing. Oh....and of course the score.

I'd honestly be on board for an Indy 6 if it meant another score by JW (i'm completely insane)

Last edited:

Face_Melt

The biggest reaction to DOD was not hyperbolically angry nerds, nor people who loved it. But honestly, people who were apathetic and could take it or leave it. There’s something really sad about that.

Nah. There are legit people who continue to claim it was the worst film of the year.

michael

^^^^^ i don't ever watch his videos --- but i did just scroll to the DoD bit in that video...

he's calling it the worst of the year because it's his personal biggest disappointment of the year. but that guy also comes off super grifty.

ford i assume is just talking about average audience/movie goers.

Dr.Jonesy

^^^^^ i don't ever watch his videos --- but i did just scroll to the DoD bit in that video...

he's calling it the worst of the year because it's his personal biggest disappointment of the year. but that guy also comes off super grifty.

ford i assume is just talking about average audience/movie goers.
Jahns used to be not that bad. The Sequel Trilogy kinda broke him.

And he did blackface years ago.

FordFan

Nah. There are legit people who continue to claim it was the worst film of the year.

An Internet personality is not an everyday person. But his reasons for calling it the worst are valid.

Jahns used to be not that bad. The Sequel Trilogy kinda broke him.

And he did blackface years ago.
I hear he didn’t put his shopping cart away in the parking lot once.

fedoraboy

Ford's performance was terrific. Convincingly playing a character at 3 stages of his life, and adding new, surprising layers to a character he created 42 years earlier. Probably the best thing about the film, and his best performance in decades. Will it get recognition? 100% no. But in a just world if he was ever going to win best actor for anything, it probably should be this.

AnImaginaryBoy

I'm glad it got a nomination for best score - I'd be extremely surprised if it wins but when it comes to the Oscars, I am extremely fickle - if something I like wins, then that's proof it's good, but if something I like doesnn't win, or doesn't even get nominated, then it's proof they know nothing! I mean, how many times was Steven Spielberg nominated for best diector before he won? Same deal with Martion Scorsese too, right? But yeah, I'm glad there was a tiny bit of love for Indy!