Does anyone Know what stores will actualy get TOD figs?

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Does anyone know if Target,TRU, and Wal-mart will be getting the TOD assortment. I see some supermarkets down south and out west got some, but how about retailers? I don't know anything about retail. I did find a Mutt Williams on Motorcycle at Target here in Buffalo, NY. Anyone have any hot leads or think that Indy fans are going to have to use EBAY or Amazon? :confused:

Lon

I'm sure they all will but it depends on your area.

My area sucks. The Last Crusade figures are scarce and far between. The Raiders and Crystal Skull figures are STILL warming the pegs.

Superman2778

Thats the way it is at my Wal-Marts, Targets ,and TRUs except for the fact that LC are very easy to come by. The only one I haven't seen multiples of is Elsa.

The Golden Idol

My area sucks bad! There are literally over 60 jacketless Mutts on the pegs! The jacket Mutt actually is selling pretty well, and all the Indys are selling better than you'd think (I only saw two RPG Indys!), but the countless jacketless Mutts are just sitting there since May.

I only saw one jacket Mutt, and I realized why that one was still on the peg: his head had completely popped off inside the package! Seriously, it was just lying on his shoulder! There was something wrong with the neck joint too (it had some sort of weird dent in it), so I guess it just a completely screwed-up figure! :D

Dr._Jones_Jr.

I just have a bad feeling about finding the figures. I collected the Masters of the Universe figures during the early 2000's and they short packed figures to death. I once spent $50 on two figures on ebay. The line slowly failed since it was selling better for the collectors rather than the kids. How much you want to bet we don't even see these figures? I went on hasbro's website and all the TOD are completly gone from the online catalog. They are treating it almost as though they don't exist.

indyclone25

i just bought the chief thugee guard on sleazbay it cost 12.96--- but i didnt win the willie scott or short round which both got up to 20.00

If the earlier news reported is correct (and so far it seems to be) then Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are NOT accepting new shipments of Indiana Jones action figures. I wouldn't be surprised to see figures (old and new) show up at discount stores like Big Lots. That's where lots of SW: Phantom Menace stuff ended up when stores refused any new shipments from Hasbro.

Lambonius

throwmetheidol said:
If the earlier news reported is correct (and so far it seems to be) then Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are NOT accepting new shipments of Indiana Jones action figures. I wouldn't be surprised to see figures (old and new) show up at discount stores like Big Lots. That's where lots of SW: Phantom Menace stuff ended up when stores refused any new shipments from Hasbro.

According to a guy over at Rebelscum, some Walmarts HAVE received wave 4 cases. He picked up his TOD set there, and there have been a couple of other sporadic reports of this as well. Definitely a rarity to see them there though, I'd say.

Billy Ray

Targets in my area seem to be getting new shipments of stuff. This morning I picked up the Akator playset and they had Mutt on Motorcycle as well. I have also spotted a few LC figures and cloth cargo trucks at Target as well. Of course, they could have had some of this stuff sitting in the back for a while...who knows.

Mike D

Here's my analysis of my area:

Target hasn't gotten anything accept the exclusive packs and one or two restocks of deluxe figures in two months. They are selling down the basic figures and only have a few left- mostly Beloq and Cairo Swordsman.

Walmart has a TON of figures that don't look like they have been touched in months. The figures even seem to be in the same order every time I go. They aren't getting anything new and the one LC Indy and young Indy have remained in the same position on the pegs for well over a month.

Toys R us (believe it or not) seems to get new stock in pretty regularly. Unfortunately, all that's left once the stock people get through and the store opens are the repacks from previous lines that are paired up with the Temple of Doom figures. So I don't think there's much chance of a frequent shopper like me to pick TOD figures up there. Especially with the high prices these figures are fetching on ebay.

I've been checking alternate outlets for these figures. Supermarkets, drug stores, and discount stores. I think that these are the kinds of stores that are going to have them in abundance as the holidays approach. The big guys don't want to clog up valuable peg space at holiday time with a lame duck line. Just my opinion.

The Magic Rat

Mike D said:
Here's my analysis of my area:

Target hasn't gotten anything accept the exclusive packs and one or two restocks of deluxe figures in two months. They are selling down the basic figures and only have a few left- mostly Beloq and Cairo Swordsman.

Walmart has a TON of figures that don't look like they have been touched in months. The figures even seem to be in the same order every time I go. They aren't getting anything new and the one LC Indy and young Indy have remained in the same position on the pegs for well over a month.

Toys R us (believe it or not) seems to get new stock in pretty regularly. Unfortunately, all that's left once the stock people get through and the store opens are the repacks from previous lines that are paired up with the Temple of Doom figures. So I don't think there's much chance of a frequent shopper like me to pick TOD figures up there. Especially with the high prices these figures are fetching on ebay.

I've been checking alternate outlets for these figures. Supermarkets, drug stores, and discount stores. I think that these are the kinds of stores that are going to have them in abundance as the holidays approach. The big guys don't want to clog up valuable peg space at holiday time with a lame duck line. Just my opinion.

I can verify that Toys R Us has the top dog selection, unfortunately it gets bought up within a matter of hours when it gets put on the shelf.

Mike D

The Magic Rat said:
I can verify that Toys R Us has the top dog selection, unfortunately it gets bought up within a matter of hours when it gets put on the shelf.

I just got back from TRU and it looks like they got stock in again today- there were several more pegs opened to Indy figures and they were thoroughly picked through. That's the second time this week that it was apparent to me that they restocked Indy figures. TrU may be the only big gun that's going to get TOD.