Dog Tags

so wah mu

Wouldn't Indy have had a passion for a canine companion, having considered he adopted his pooches tag? i don't understand why not? I know this may be entering Lassie territory, but surely he must like some exercise in his twilight years too?

Actually there is a thread because apparently dogs and there owners look alike. what type of domestic wolf would he opt for?
I think Lucas' dog needs another cameo in Indy 5. Assuming he's still chasing cars and not in retirement?
:whip:

If this has already been worked over then i guess i've had my head buried in a sand pit.

Crack that whip

If you mean George Lucas' actual dog Indiana, whose name was taken for Indy's, then I'm pretty sure it's not an option. I've never actually read anything indicating he died, but since George had the dog at least as far back as during the writing of the original Star Wars (and the canine Indy was fully-grown then, and helped to inspire the character of Chewbacca), that dog would have to be something like thirty-five years old now - so surely he's been gone a couple decades or so, at least. And Indy's own original Indiana died while both Indys were still in their teens; this is as one would expect for the dog, of course.

Incidentally, while the canon status of the original "old Indy" bookends with George Hall for The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is uncertain these days (since they've all been removed as part of the process of transforming the show into its current The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones configuration), FWIW those segments established that 93-year-old Indy now has a cat... named Henry.

so wah mu

That sucks!

Okay so i failed maths. I love cats too, don't get me wrong but calling your cat after a vacuum cleaner. That's inhumane. huh huh.

Why would he call his furry feline after himself. Are you wagging my tail or what?? That's like those egotists who hang pictures of themselves up in their office, or study of themselves -and purely themselves, to look at...themselves.

...or is that some reverse psychology thing. Dog Indiana. Cat Henry.

Urgh! wierd!!

I've only ever watched the films. Never really seen the tv series. :confused:

Stoo

so wah mu said:
Why would he call his furry feline after himself. Are you wagging my tail or what??
No, he's not yankin' yer chain. In the few glimpses of Old Indy's life at home, Henry the Cat is never seen but he is referred to in more than one episode. Indy is a slave to his cat's "demands" and ends up hating it! A "humiliating experience" happened that involved the cat & the fire department (not seen, only referred to).

Why would he name it after himself? Any reason you want:

-Old Indy is senile.
-The cat already had the name when it became his pet.
-One of his great-grandchildren named the cat "Henry" in case Old Indy died before it would.
-He tought it would make a funny, inside joke. In Indy's own mind, he has disassociated himself from his real name ("Vienna, 1908", Indy: Indiana Jones in an old people's home! It's INCONCEIVABLE!)

so wah mu said:
I've only ever watched the films. Never really seen the tv series. :confused:
If you want to find answers to stuff like this, you should watch it!:whip:

Crack that whip said:
I've never actually read anything indicating he died, but since George had the dog at least as far back as during the writing of the original Star Wars (and the canine Indy was fully-grown then, and helped to inspire the character of Chewbacca), that dog would have to be something like thirty-five years old now
The original Indiana "has joined the choir invisible...":( For those who have never seen him, he's in "The Making of Star Wars".

so wah mu

If dementure had a name...it must be...

...Indiana
...uh?
...err??
...hmm???

Indy regressing into his 2nd childhood. Could you imagine the dialogue? you're right -it would not be dignified for Indy to suffer with such disorders.

The idea of him having to use his whip to remove himself from his commode does not bare thinking about.

It seems the man with the cat is back, and in control of all his faculties. Hopefully as lucid as hell.

You gave those answers as to why the cat was called Henry some ideas i hadn't conceived. Surely something a little more exotic for a pet companion then?

Last edited: