Donate Mutt and RPG Indy to Toys for Tots

ChromiumBlue37

ChromiumBlue37 and the Quest to Save Indiana Jones from the Clutches of Hasbro's Red Ink!

Not one of us collectors is at fault for the current situation at retail. However, I am going to do MORE than my part to help cleanse the retail scene of Mutt Williams without the leather jacket and RPG Indy. These are Hasbro's admitted mistakes. This is not our obligation to purchase mulitples of these "loser figures", but this has become my own personal fight.

In Wal-Mart stores, (where the major peg-clogging is taking place), I am personally going to purchase at least 2 from each store around my home, (about seven Wal-Marts in the Chicago suburbs). We need to get these losers off the pegs. All figures that are purchased will be DONATED to Toys 4 Tots. My digital camera is going to be with me to document my crusade. I will continue this personal commitment until Christmas. Hasbro has caused this problem, and I am going to do my part to help fix it to save this line.

By no means am I asking anyone to go fanatical, but even purchasing a couple of these figures will help. Plus they go to a great cause - a holiday toy to a child who might get nothing at all this year.

Anyone else in with me?

ChromiumBlue37

I am so glad to hear ONE word of encouragement.

If Hasbro says this is how we can save the line, then let's do it. Let's get RID of RPG Indy and Mutt w/o the jacket once and for all.

Here's an idea of how Hasbro can help - couldn't Hasbro use their reps to RECALL these 2 figures? The could take back the RPG Indys and repackage them WITH the hat and whip.

ChromiumBlue37

Thanks for the good words. If each of us can purchase just one Mutt w/snake and get that figure off the pegs, it will help.

Kevin

I'm with you. The Wal Mart price rollback will make this a more feasible plan. And you're right, it does help a good cause.

Brandon

I'm in! I've bought a few figures since the rollback. I haven't brought myself to buy any Mutts yet though. I did buy another Belloq! Oh, and an Ugha Warrior.

When I do pick up some for the tots I hope I can get some Indys as well. I want to create more Indy fans and agree that this is a great solution!

Brandon

ChromiumBlue37

Thanks Brandon!!

The Wal-Mart price Rollback does help. I have a few gaps I want to fill. Need more Ughas and Russians, myself.

DIrishB

Count me in as well.

This is a great idea! Many kudos to ChromiumBlue37 for coming up with this. As said, not only does it provide toys for deserving kids for the Holidays, but it will help (however little or much) to preserving this great (but terribly mis-managed) toy line.

My UPS Store also participates in the Toys for Tots program, so I have a place to donate them to all set. Here's a link to find a local place to leave your donations:

Toys For Tots

If you don't see a place near you listed there, keep an eye out at your local grocery stores, Wal-Marts (I'm pretty sure they participate), and other large (and small) businesses. Most will post signs advertising their participation.

ChromiumBlue37

DIrishB said:
Count me in as well.

This is a great idea! Many kudos to ChromiumBlue37 for coming up with this. As said, not only does it provide toys for deserving kids for the Holidays, but it will help (however little or much) to preserving this great (but terribly mis-managed) toy line.

My UPS Store also participates in the Toys for Tots program, so I have a place to donate them to all set. Here's a link to find a local place to leave your donations:

Toys For Tots

If you don't see a place near you listed there, keep an eye out at your local grocery stores, Wal-Marts (I'm pretty sure they participate), and other large (and small) businesses. Most will post signs advertising their participation.

Thank you for the klink, SIR! Kind of make it all more "official".

I do know that Wal-Mart will have a box or bin for the Toys for Tots. Hopefully there is a way to mark them as such, so these figures don't make thier way back onto the pegs!

You know, if all the focus is on two figure - Mutt Williams and RPG Indy, it should make a signifigant dent. This way kids will be able to enjoy Mutt Williams for sure!

Last edited:

Uki

Another stroke of genius, Chrome Dome! I will gladly do my part as well. I also considered snagging a few extra figures to have available in my classrom for the kids to mess with in downtime. The hope there being that they might realize how much fun they are and beg Mom and Dad for them. (It's a Pre-K class.)

ChromiumBlue37

Goonie said:
Someone should send this idea to Ed Dolista so it's on the next IndyCast.(y)

Great idea, Goonie! I want this Toys for Tots Campaign to be a success for contributions to needy children and for us to save the Indy toy line.

DrJones35 said:
They're a magazine with a lot more exposure that The Raven. Maybe if we bombard them our voice will be heard better than buying a bunch of Mutts (no offense CB37) hopefully they'll feel as we do and pass word to Hasbro

ToyFare Magazine would be an excellent venue. Thanks, Dr.Jones35. I am going to send an e-mail to them as well as contacting these other sites,

Cooltoyreview.com
ThrowmetheIdol.com
WelloftheSouls.com
IndianaJonesCollectors.com

Arab Swordsman

This is great. I've let everyone in my family know to pick up some figures if they need to donate for kids this Christmas. I'm running to Wal Mart at lunch today to pick up some stuff so maybe I'll start my shopping early too!

ChromiumBlue37

Wow - thank you! Great to see such enthusiam.

My first Mutt donation was purchased last evening. Not for Toys 4 Tots, but a friend wanted the first "donation". My intention is support Toys 4 Tots as well as other, local charities supporting children in need. Last evening there were 6 Mutt w/snake figures and seven RPG Indy figure I could have bought, if I hadm enough expendable cash. That would have cleared off 2 pegs of glut right there.

As I said, I am not swimming in money, so I will be purchasing excess figures around my pay days and when I a can afford it. The experience will be documented as I go.