Dr. Henry Jones Jr. vs. Rick O'Connell: A case study.

Who would you have to dinner. Rick or Henry

• Dr. Henry Jones Jr.: Archeologist and Grave Robber

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Rick O'Connell: Soldier and Adventurer

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Pale Horse: (he he he, I had to ask)

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pale Horse: but this time with Finn as a butler

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

Pale Horse

Staff member
I was recently on vacation and was able to catch The Mummy (circa 1999) and got to thinking, has there been a serious discussion of these two men, their strengths and weaknesses paired and their knowledge contrasted. I am interested to hear what views we all have on this, with supporting evidence. Who would you rather have to dinner? ;)

EDIT:
perhaps this should be in OT, but I wasn't too sure. might do fine here, no? After all we are examining the character of Indy Jones

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
<small>
Originally posted by Pale Horse </small>
perhaps this should be in OT, but I wasn't too sure. might do fine here, no? After all we are examining the character of Indy Jones
<small>The right place for this would be Indy Misc, says I.</small>

A

Aussie Jones

I thought The Mummy was great. Rick O'Connell shared similar traits with Indy but was thankfully not a carbon copy. The Mummy was just good fun, like a comic version of Indy.

Johan

I loved the mummy. His charachter was not too much like Indy, but the charachter he was for those movies was great!

Pale Horse

Staff member
:eek: Somehow I knew, dinner with you would be an adventure... ;)

Rumpled Fedora said:
Hey Pale Horse, can you vote in your own poll? Just curious...
I chose Indy. The original archeologist! :)

I can, but I honestly haven't voted yet, though I am leaning to Rick, I like his confidence more.

Pale Horse

Staff member
blur said:
Indy, without a doubt. He's found more interesting stuff!
Really?

mumie2_rachel_weisz.jpg

Canyon

Palehorse, how could you?!!! :(

Indy - archaeologist and grave robber. Grave robber!!??!! Indy is NOT a grave robber. His methods are just, well, unorthadox thats all. And hes more of an adventurer than Rick O'Connell is!

So there! :D

Pale Horse

Staff member
Oh Canyon, he does flirt with the occult and rarely obtains the necessary permits from the gov't. to remove items from their soils. Even Donovan compensated the Republic of Haiti, for the Grail he was about to take...He is a robber, after all, he stole you heart. ;)

Canyon

Pale Horse said:
Oh Canyon, He is a robber, after all, he stole you heart. ;)

Wow, how to reply to that one!

Yes, Indy stole my heart many a year ago, and he still has it! ;)