DTS Indy discs are available

denass

Hi Guys
Just came back from a friends place and rather peaved.He showed me the covers of Indy sets in asia and another country where they have the discs in Dts.There is no THX emblem on them.These were the ones issued to those regions.
God am I peaved.I can see we will have a super box set coming down the track with DTS.So major markets like america-britain and here in australia are being had again by there marketing.Surely if they are selling DTS Discs in some countries they could do it in all.Something tells me there is something wrong here.
Does anyone else know of this.
thanks
denass

Tequileros

Well Asia is something like a country with a lot of pirated copies. As you say, there is no THX thing. My guess is that it are pirated copies, and that it aren't even DTS copy's but just the normal Dolby Digital copies.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I didn't know that Asia was a country...

Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said that. But I thought it, so I might as well leave it here, as an example of my shame.

denass

you could be right about them being pirated
Just checked the feedback on some sites and they appear to be quite sleazy and doing very crappy copies
thanks guys

Udvarnoky

Orange said:
what makes DTS DVDs better?

DTS is a higher bitrate surround audio, and thus generally accepted as better than Dolby Digital. This isn't always the case...sometimes DTS is simply louder. In any case, these are bootlegs.