E3 June 2009: Far Better Than Last Years

What do you look forward to at this years E3?

• Total voters

The Drifter

Le Saboteur said:
Yes, but Tim Schafer, the founder of Double Fine, is the former Lucasarts genius behind...oh, everything good and original they ever made. Monkey Island was one of his, as was Day of the Tentacle. And let's not forget his seminal works, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango.

It may not be completely relevant, but look what happens when the brain power goes away. Instead of exciting, original games, we're forced to retread through fifty-thousand "Star Wars" tie-ins. Yawn.

Yes, I know who Tim Schafer is. I loved and played all of his games with Psychonauts being my favorite. But, even if he is known for LucasArts' best games, he does not work there anymore. And, LucasArts does indeed suck now. Just go play Fracture to find proof of that.

RedeemedChild

Finn said:
Adventure game. Into the corner, now. And don't you dare to come out of there before I tell you so.

I'm sorry Finn. That was my mistake and I'm willing to acknowledge it. I should have read through all the facts instead of rushing to post the new announcements.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yes, I know who Tim Schafer is. I loved and played all of his games with Psychonauts being my favorite. But, even if he is known for LucasArts' best games, he does not work there anymore. And, LucasArts does indeed suck now. Just go play Fracture to find proof of that.

And, yeah, Le Saboteur gets points for getting what I meant. LucasArts used to mean quality, and part of that was Schafer, and so he still bears the mark of the brand, as far as I'm concerned. And I'm personally tired of hearing about games that involve golfing giants or go-carts. It's nice to have something more relevant, is all I'm saying.

(Which isn't my opinion as a moderator, of course, just old pre-blue-avatar Attila the Prof. Mods don't do opinions.)

Le Saboteur

Karting, Golfing, and Bears

Attila the Professor said:
And I'm personally tired of hearing about games that involve golfing giants or go-carts.

I dare say, Atilla, we can see a clear difference in age with some of these of the choices our fellow Ravenites are looking forward too. But since we're talking about adventure games, what is perhaps the greatest adventure game series ever is being reborn on the Wii and DS: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templar's.

Hideo Kojima has also officially announced the next Castlevania game! Subtitled "Lord of Shadows" the embedded trailer credits Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, and Natasha McElhone among its voice talent!

RedeemedChild

Well guys what do you think of Sony's Mod Nation Racer?

BTW Here is Tales of Monkey Island trailer.

object>

RedeemedChild

Well the E3 is officially over and I was really impressed with the content of this years E3.

Below is the official PSP Go! trailer for Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

object>

Also be sure to visit the PlayStation Store because a free episode of the classic Voltron is available up until June 8th.

Clap Handz has also release images of their new Hot Shot Tennis.

960628_20090602_790screen001.jpg

http://psp.kombo.com/article.php?artid=5227

Buzz! Quiz World. System PS3/PSP

buzz580sme3s.jpg

Here is the synopsis from PSPfanboy.com

Sony showed off more BUZZ! games for PS3 and PSP. Quiz World will be available on both PS3 and PSP. For the most part, Quiz World provides an experience that players should be already familiar with. The PS3 game will add 5,000 new questions and will provide an "enhanced" online mode with new game modes. One mode we saw had question answers hidden, with letters slowly appearing. You'll have to be patient, but you'll also have to be quicker than your opponents.

The PSP game will feature 3,000 new questions and introduces online infrastructure mode. Like the PS3 game, players will be able to access user-generated MyBUZZ! content and will offer downloadable quiz packs as DLC.

Le Saboteur

Damn.

Trennas said:
Wrong link Saboteur, but here's the right one:

Activision Sued Over Brutal Legend Report

It's kind of ridiculous indeed. I hope whoever judges the case will think so too.

Too much "copy, paste" going on! Thank you for posting the correct link, Trennas. I've got my fingers crossed that everything turns out positive, even if it does mean returning Activision's $15-million "investment." My understanding of the whole thing is, Activision was cutting its losses once they acquired the... uh, original publisher (Vivendi?) and subsequently dropped the title. We'll see, however.

RedeemedChild

What are you looking forward to playing this year?

Okay, this is a very simple thread. I am looking forward to playing some of the promising games that were unveiled at the E3 this year and so I've decided to share some my most anticipated titles.

Please those of which you are looking forward to playing as well.

Here's my list:

Platform: Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Platform: Nintendo DS

Nostalgia

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games

Final Fantasy Legend II (Sa・Ga2: Hihō Densetsu)

Dragon Quest IX Defender's of the Starry Sky

Golden Sun DS

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Adventure Continues

Even those these are already out I've not yet played them and so I shall list them as well.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Ring of Fates

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

MySims Racing

Platform: PSP

LittleBigPlanet Portable

Pangya: Fantasy Golf

Hot Shots Tennis

Platform: PS3

Mod Racer Nation

Nurhachi1991

RED DEAD REDEMPTION (y) (y) (y) (y)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpTQQcgRxMo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpTQQcgRxMo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I have seen this trailer a billion times and still love it

Oh and of course Call Of Juarez 2 Bound In Blood (y)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CZi_FKsyPE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CZi_FKsyPE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's a great year for Western fans :D

And last but not least Mafia 2 (y)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BtTCw_-83Io&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BtTCw_-83Io&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:

AlivePoet

Hopefully the guitar, if I can get around to learning it. Otherwise, the accordion, piano, melodica, keyboard, tuba, and french horn.

RedeemedChild

AlivePoet said:
Hopefully the guitar, if I can get around to learning it. Otherwise, the accordion, piano, melodica, keyboard, tuba, and french horn.

Are you speaking of Guitar Hero or the rumored Chicago video game called Horn Hero?

Finn

Staff member
There seems to be no reason to have this one as a separate entity from the perfectly good E3 thread. Use your brain, gang.

Merged.

RedeemedChild

Finn said:
There seems to be no reason to have this one as a separate entity from the perfectly good E3 thread. Use your brain, gang.

Merged.

I'm sorry Finn. I just thought since the E3 was over the E3 thread was like outdated or what not.

Finn

Staff member
RedeemedChild said:
I'm sorry Finn. I just thought since the E3 was over the E3 thread was like outdated or what not.
Well, it's not that distant history. People are still talking about whatever they saw over there... so this is natural continuation. Especially since you did mention E3 in the OP, there's no need to detach it from the source material.

When most of the titles demoed are almost on the shelves, then we could consider this not-so-topical.