Elizabeth Fritzl

The Man

Apologies for a downer, but this case is almost beyond classification, even as well-worn as we all are to news of uniquely human depravity. Was the "father" alone in perpetuating this obscene charade for over two decades? What now for the children born to all of this? And what of Elizabeth's profound will to endure?

|ZiR|

ResidentAlien said:
What are you on about?

I do believe he's referring to this story, about a girl who was held captive by her father for 24 years. And had several children by him from rape.

Unless there's another Elisabeth Fritzl in the news.

|ZiR| said:
I do believe he's referring to this story, about a girl who was held captive by her father for 24 years. And had several children by him from rape.

Unless there's another Elisabeth Fritzl in the news.

...I don't watch the news. ...or TV at all, for that matter.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
He´s insane alright.
I hope they lock him up for the rest of his life.

I find it hard to believe the mother didn´t know anyting.

The Man

Ayrun said:
He´s insane alright.
I hope they lock him up for the rest of his life.

I find it hard to believe the mother didn´t know anyting.

Officially, the authorities haven't questioned the wife's plea of ignorance, but if the case gets a full criminal trial who knows what nastiness might be dragged into the open. It's all utterly horrific.

Hedwig

The whole thing just disgusts me! How on Earth could someone do that! And she is his daughter! Ugh...:sick:

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
I just read that he was losing interest in his daughter and had moved on to raping his (grand)daughter ( the eldest of the children he had with Elizabeth).

One thing is for sure; no punishment the court is going to give him, would be hard enough.